Here's an intriguing question....or two....

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Rayder, Apr 2, 2008.

Apr 2, 2008
  1. Rayder
    OP

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    If I take the GBA games I patched to work for the SCminiSD and dropped them into....say, an M3 Perfect, would they work?

Or would I have to re-patch them ALL?

I really HATE how the SCminiSD has such lame slowdown in the GBA games and I'm looking to replace the bastard.

Also, does the M3 Lite Perfect still contain all the built-in legacy emus?

I'd REALLY appreciate an answer to these questions.

2. bazzi_h

Member bazzi_h GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I would think you would have to repatch them all with the M3 patcher to get them to work but my M3 is lost so I can't test this although I might try it on my Ez4 just to see [​IMG]

Yea the Supercard does suck with GBA games. The M3 has built in emulators but they're are way out dated so it's probably better to download emulator like lameboy etc.

3. Rayder
    OP

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Do you know if the M3 lite has the legacy emu's? I know the M3 for the phat does, but I haven't seen if the lite version does or not.

4. bazzi_h

Member bazzi_h GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Edit: Just finished testing and found out that Supercard patched roms dont work on the EZ flash which would suggest that they also don't work with the M3 as they all patch in different ways.

5. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    To add to what bazzi_h says: yes, you'll have to repatch your GBA ROMs (or use clean ones), and I think the M3 Perfect series' M3 Game Manager uses old versions of emulators when you add supported ROMs for those systems (NES, GB, etc.), but it's best to just put your games in an emulator binary yourself (in case of Goomba there's a frontend with which you can add GB ROMs to goomba.gba). That way you'll know it's done the right way, and you'll have the latest version.

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You can also just find the emulator core files in the Program Files folder and replace them with newer versions. According to a post by Covarr at PocketHeaven:
    Just replace them with the newer versions, renamed as appropriate. The M3 doesn't actually contain the emulators built into the firmware like the Supercard does. Instead, when you add a GB/NES/SMS/PCE game to your card with the Game Manager, it add the game onto the end of the emulator core and sticks the compiled file on your card. Basically it creates an entire compilation of just that single game.

Though I do agree it would probably be easier to make your own compilations with the PocketNES Menu Maker and Goomba Frontend programs.