Here's a Yoshi island 2 sav with everything

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ReyVGM, May 20, 2007.

May 20, 2007
  1. ReyVGM
    OP

Member ReyVGM Game Endings Master

Dominican Republic
  2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Wow, good job! The game was quite hard, and on an emulator it would be only worse I figure...

3. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I downloaded a 100% .sav ages ago, just to see how such a terrible game ended, and man is it pathetic, I'd be so pissed off if I played through the whole thing, let alone payed for the piece of shit game

4. ReyVGM
    OP

Member ReyVGM Game Endings Master

Dominican Republic
    It's not a terrible game, it's a good sequel to an awesome game.
    Sure, it has its issues here and there, but otherwise it's a solid platformer.

5. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    *breathes in*..
    the graphics are awful, they didn't bother to let the engine handle half the animations like the SNES original, think of the big jelly dudes that popped out of the water/lava etc, they didn't really understand the style of the original either, they tried to make all the sprites fit their over anti aliased bastardized style.

the controls are easily the worst, you can't hold B and throw an egg, which makes Mario's "special power" a nuisance, you can't turn around and quickly aim an egg, so good reactions and strategy are worthless, licking your tongue out slows you down way too much. Moving into gameplay here, multiple babies was stupid, the whole game could've been done with just Mario, and it would've been more fun

Level design was a joke, the first few levels were decent, but no where near as good as even the worst levels from the SNES original, music also was complete trash.

It really pisses me off how amazingly bad a job artoon did, they made the sequel a complete disgrace to what I consider the best platformer ever.
    when this game was announced at E3, it was the best news for me, the crappy graphics, stupid music and bad level design didn't really bother me at that point though, because it was E3, the game was far from finished.
    but no, artoon didn't improve the game, they just made one of the worst games ever as a sequel to one of the greatest

edit-
    don't mean to sound so negative I guess, and btw you should upload it to GBAtemp's download section [​IMG]

6. Xeijin

Member Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I think TakaM has a point about it not matching up to the SNES one, but I don't think its as bad as he makes out. It's a decent game that's moderately fun and I enjoy playing it.

One thing I do find a bit stupid is the complete lack of originality when porting it to the DS, I mean they could at least have added another control scheme like in Super Mario 64 DS, where the touchscreen could be used (touchscreen and the egg throwing would be awesome?)