Here is a VERY GOOD reason why the 3DS Needs Hacked.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ferret7463, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferret7463
    OP

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  2. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    You've gotta be kidding me, they're willing to go that far? Really?

3. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I like how they just parrot what the manual says rather than say TRYING it to actually confirm something useful. This is basically on par with the OMG NINTENDO WILL BRICK MY 3DS!!@#!11! because the manual says so. Unless you can CONFIRM the actual behavior listed it's not relevant.

4. RPG Hacker

Member RPG Hacker GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    WOW! That's bull shit. It's just as stupid as letting you see a DVD you bought only once.

Anyways, here is another good reason for hacking 3DS: So that you can illegally download and play game backups. olololololol

5. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Well if it's disabled by hardware, a hack would be useless.

6. doyama

United States
    It seems unlikely that it would use anything as complicated as eFuses to hardware disable a save. The cart still needs to actually write to the save continually as you progress is actually saved, so it's not like the save is 'read only'. I believe the save files on the 3DS are now readable via a tool released a few months ago. I don't recall if anyone got writing the save back to work successfully?

But as I said earlier there is no actual confirmation of the BEHAVIOR beyond 'the manual says so' which is pretty lame reporting if you 'have the cartridge in front of you'. Spend the 15 minutes it takes to create a save and test it for god sake Eurogamer. If I want someone to dictate the manual to me I'll hire a hobo off the street.

7. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    There is perhaps a huge misinterpretation.

[​IMG]

The manual says, save data can not be reset, but it could be overwritten with a new game.

8. doyama

United States
    On a funny side note. Japanese game makers seem to love making save systems that are increasingly difficult (or old school depending on your perspective). Dead Rising, Demon Souls, etc. Perhaps it's only a matter of time before someone makes a SO SAVE RPG. No EEPROM. Just turn it on and you must keep playing. Death resets your game on easy. On hardcore, the cart itself explodes!

9. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    you could probably just overwrite the savefile with one of those usb things so it won't help much [​IMG]

10. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    There's a thread about this already.

11. serenade.63

Member serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    hahaha, "omg nintendo will brick my 3DS" all over again, albeit smaller scale. Capcom has no reason to stop used game sales, no developer does, they have a patent on their games meaning any resale gets them profit, not as much profit as buying new, but trust me a LOT of people buy new out of fear of buying a defective used product, me being one of them. Plus the game has to save your progress every once in a while right? so more than one save? also i thought i heard that games now save to the 3ds internal memory (though i could be mistaken) doesnt that mean that if someone were to buy a used copy it would have no save file on it?

12. Gullwing

Member Gullwing Synesthete

Greece
    That! Or we can allways corrupt data...

13. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/t298885-re-mercenaries-...-save-resetting

It's rather redundant to have two threads about essentially the same topic, just in different subforums.

Of course it wouldn't be a 3DS forum thread if someone didn't make some type of Sony jab. Great job.

14. liban100

Newcomer liban100 Advanced Member

United States
    i'm not desperate for a hack but i'm not say i wouldn't like it

15. OmegaVesko

Member OmegaVesko GBAtemp Regular

Yugoslavia
    WRONG. Imagine this. You pay for the game new (the profit going to the publisher/developer), and finish it. Some time later, you sell it to a friend/videogame store. You get the profit. Developers/publishers have absolutely no profit from used game sales.

(Note that I am not against them, I actually prefer buying games and consoles used because of my financial situation. I just had to point out the flaw in this post.)

16. dicamarques

Member dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Portugal
    Some solution, while its saving pull out the card or turn off your 3ds, did it with my nintendogs for ds, and the save was corrupted, so no problem. i think [​IMG]

17. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.