Henry Hatsworth in the puzzling adventure text hacks

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Awesome turtwig, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Awesome turtwig
    OP

Member Awesome turtwig GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yay! I made my own hack, with no guide... all by myself.

To do this you will need...

the game, nitro explorer and a hex editor.

Now I'm not a hexing master... in fact I'm not even a hexing novice, I suck at hexing, this is really easy stuff. With my text hack you can do things like this!

[​IMG]

To start, open up your game in nitro explorer, then open up the file "locale", there you will see all the conversations in the game. Then open up one of the folders (They are named so you can tell which text your going to be editing) and you will see all the file languages, extract "ENG_US.loc". Then open it in your hex editor. Eventually on the "translated" side of the hex editor (you know, not the hex part) you will see the dialog (it looks something like this: H.e.l.l.o.!)! Now you can easily edit the text. Then save and reinsert into your game. And now the characters say what you want! And I want to make a youtube video of this, so... please don't make one yourself [​IMG]

On an unrelated note... does anyone know how to edit sound in a sound .dat file? I wanna know. and if you can, visit my youtube account at http://youtube.com/user/bleamix

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    The game plays a random voice lip for every word it loads.
    Are there any bad consequences to completely changing the dialogue?

3. Awesome turtwig
    OP

United States
    I dunno, my DS's sound died. But nothing bad happened to the game, it played nice.

4. Awesome turtwig
    OP

United States
    Even though no one cares [​IMG] I'll bump...