Henry Cavill to play as Geralt of Rivia in Netflix's 'The Witcher' series

the witcher henry cavill.JPG

Featured above is a fan art by Boss Logic before the official announcement

Henry Cavill, of DCEU's Superman fame, is set to take on the role of Geralt of Rivia in Netflix's TV adaptation of Andrzej Sapkowski's The Witcher series. The TV series entered into production last year and there was much speculation about who would be best suited to portray Geralt in a live adaptation.

It was Henry Cavill himself via his Instagram account who first broke the news of being cast as The Witcher's bearded protagonist:

cavill netflix.JPG

Netflix and Lauren Hissrich, the showrunner, followed suit and confirmed the cast reveal on Twitter:

While the mystery behind who will portray Geralt has finally been solved, there is no estimated release for the TV adaptation. But we do know that the show will be eight episodes long and will based on the best-selling book series by Andrzej Sapkowski rather than the video game adaptation of the book.

Following this announcement, do you think Henry Cavill will up to the role? Who else would you like to see in the TV adaptation?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
he is not even a gamer knows nothing about the world lore story etc nothing 0 DUMB
And what, exactly, does that have to do with anything? The Witcher series didn't start off as a game, and this Netflix series is going to be based more off of the novels than the video game, since Sapkowski (the Author) is working on the series as a consultant.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Oh great, now The Witcher TV series is going to be so boring with this guy.
wait wtf, 8 episodes only? all this time waiting for 8 episodes?
I thought it's going to be at least 6 seasons.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I just finished reading the last of Andrzej's series a month ago in Chronological order. They are really great books, I highly recommend giving them a read before the show is released. Keep in mind there are 8 of them, so if you are busy playing the games you may not be able to find the time to complete it.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
BTW guys, in the first twitter quote, it is said to be BASED on the book
Not that it will be the book story, if you know what i mean :)
I don't mind if they expand the Witcher universe and build upon things already established.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't mind if they expand the Witcher universe and build upon things already established.
Well, I never read those books...
However, I guess it would be better for those who have
So they can get surprised at some points of the story
And most of all, those who read the book won't spoil all who havent :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't play witcher 1&2, but I found it too young compared to Witcher 3 character I have in mind.
and I don't feel like he looks like him, based on the posted picture at least :/
random actor with scar and white hair.

Last edited by Cyan,

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't play witcher 1&2, but I found it too young compared to Witcher 3 character I have in mind.
and I don't feel like he looks like him, based on the posted picture at least :/
random actor with scar and white hair.
its fan art :/

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
And what, exactly, does that have to do with anything? The Witcher series didn't start off as a game, and this Netflix series is going to be based more off of the novels than the video game, since Sapkowski (the Author) is working on the series as a consultant.
Lmao yes let's get a diehard neckbeard Witcher fan as main actor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person