Hacking HENkaku R5 is out! With VitaShell 0.91 integrated

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 5,675
  • Replies 36
  • Likes 3
D

Deleted User

Excellect! The more fixes and features, the better!
Bit of a shame to see update-blocking features bite the dust for a while until it's fixed, but I don't see many people accidentally updating as a result of this still...

:yaypsp:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Excellect! The more fixes and features, the better!
Bit of a shame to see update-blocking features bite the dust for a while until it's fixed, but I don't see many people accidentally updating as a result of this still...

:yaypsp:

Don't forget, the majority of people are noobs and will update if they get a pop up telling them to do so.
Look at the 3DS and Wii sections.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be fine for the most part since the ps vita ask you first if you want to update instead of just doing so.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Kinda hard to go around, seeing the front page is usually spammed with it and this entire site is based around Nintendo...

Cmon, Dinoh. We're better than this. I've moved on to the Vita. ;o;

Reactions: DinohScene

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Does this mean the previous dumps will now work without worry of save corruption?
No, that's due to Vitamin v1.1 only using 5 syscalls. v1.2 will use over 200 syscalls.

Edit: once v1.2 is released, all existing dumps will need to be re-dumped to prevent MOST causes of data corruption, crashing, errors, etc.

Edit 2: I stand corrected (I blame myself for just running off twitter posts without actually understanding fully).

Last edited by Originality,
Reactions: yuyuyup

Aneesh India

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I am waiting every minute for the new vitamin to be released. I am sure its the same with everyone.
No one has the idea of the release date though.

Last edited by Aneesh India,

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's due to Vitamin v1.1 only using 5 syscalls. v1.2 will use over 200 syscalls.

Edit: once v1.2 is released, all existing dumps will need to be re-dumped to prevent MOST causes of data corruption, crashing, errors, etc.
lol what? That sentence makes no sense any way you read it.

1) number of syscalls don't affect anything in anyway. I mean if I don't write files I don't need the "write" syscall. Doesn't mean another app that uses the "write" syscall is any better.
2) The boilerplate code to run main and exit uses more than five syscalls.
3) the number of syscalls vitamin uses doesn't affect how games run at all.
4) if you're talking about number of syscalls games make it makes even less sense as games require even fewer syscalls since they don't do anything complex to the system

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You really ate all that mumbo jumbo about the syscalls uh...

All dumps are broken, repeat ALL DUMPS ARE BROOOKEMNNDJSBHEJ...

xD

Last edited by Tony_93,

coke666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
D:

I'll buy a 32gb card tomorrow
Any tips? Because I don't have ideia how to activate my psn without the spoof
I was thinking in backup my 16GB with qcma, format the card and then format the vita to prepare for the new 32gb card

It's possible to find release 4 to download and self-host with my Android?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D:

I'll buy a 32gb card tomorrow
Any tips? Because I don't have ideia how to activate my psn without the spoof
I was thinking in backup my 16GB with qcma, format the card and then format the vita to prepare for the new 32gb card

It's possible to find release 4 to download and self-host with my Android?

But your Vita is already activated with your PSN right?...

You just have to amke the backup, put the new memory card in and restore the backup, no need to format/reactivate your system.

Reactions: coke666

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I upgraded from a 32GB card to 64GB card. I also assumed it would be more complicated than it actually was. It really is as simple as just backing up with CMA then restoring the backup.

Note, your ux0:/data/ directory does NOT get backed up by CMA so make a backup of that manually over FTP first.

Reactions: coke666 and cvskid

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using the offline installer and wish to update HENkaku, you must first install HENkaku again using the online installer (this website). Next, while still connected to the internet, run the offline installer bubble (not Email) and install the payload again.

Changelog vitashell 0.91
  • Added automatic network update. VitaShell will now notify you when there's a new update. You'll then be able to download it within the VitaShell application and it will update both molecularShell and VitaShell to the newest verison.
Does this mean we don't need the offline installer app anymore if we already use email for offline activation?:unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM