henkaku, pre owned vita and changing PSN account

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by CharlieBabitt, Feb 10, 2017.

1. CharlieBabitt
    OP

CharlieBabitt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    Australia
    Hi!

I am in the lucky situation to have bought a pre owned PS Vita on 3.6 with henkaku and preinstalled games. However the Vita is connected to a PSN account, has trophies, savegames,...

What is the best way to clean the system:
    • I want to have a clean start of trophies and save games
    • It would be great to keep the games
    • PSN account would be awesome, however since I'm not into online gaming I accutally don't care much. I just want the trophies to be clean and have the connection to the old account removed
    • And of course: i don't want to loose henkaku or my 3.60
    What would you do or can you point me into a direction?

Thanks

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    Digital games are LOCKED to the psn account that is on the system
    so if you change the psn account bye bye Digital games
    so unless you have the account info you stuck no way to reset trophies
    you can remove the account(factort reset in safe mode) but you might no be able to link a PSN account as psn it blocked on older FW

3. CharlieBabitt
    OP

CharlieBabitt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    Australia
    Thanks. If I do a factory reset in safemode, will I loose henkaku or does it force me todo a firmware upgrade?
    Or is it safe? I don't care about PSN, in the worst case I loose the games -> also fine. However I don't want to loose henkaku or 3.60.

Is Factory reset safe in this case?

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    You'll never be forced to update, and all updates require your input before then can start.

Also, Henkaku is not a permanent install, so if you reboot it'll be gone regardless. Just run the Henkaku installer from the web browser after you do a factory reset and you'll be fine.

5. CharlieBabitt
    OP

CharlieBabitt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    Australia
    Perfect, thanks a lot. Do i have to expect any problems, if I use a ps vita without psn? That at setup time i tell that i have no psn. In this case the console is not activated, right? Is ut a problem for any hacks etc?

6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    If you want to use Adrenaline/ARK for PSP mode hacks, you have to have an activated PSN account which is different from just linking your PSN account.

Luckily, dev CelesteBlue has just released a method to activate your PSN account without having to use a PS3. You can check that out here, which also provides a PSP bubble you can use for Adrenaline/ARK: https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-...e-installer-for-adrenaline-ark-no-ps3.459931/

7. CharlieBabitt
    OP

CharlieBabitt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    Australia
    Thanks for the link
    So... What do you think would be best? The console is activated, since there is already Adrenaline installed on it.

Do you think it is fine if I do the following:
    * Safe Mode and do a Factory restore
    * Initialize the PS Vita without a PSN Account (I don't have one yet and actually I don't really need it for trophies locally etc.)
    * I install henkaku using the browser and afterwards offline installer
    * Install vita shell

I'm good to go, right? Is this fine or are there any problems you can think of? Sry for asking so many questions, but I'm just new to this topic. Everything is wokring fine with my vita, except that there are all the trophies, notifications etc. from an unkown person :-)

8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Yep, the only thing that needs a PSN account signed in is PSP mode stuff and PS4 game streaming and that's about it (that we can access, anyways).