Hacking [HENKaku Homebrew] The Listing of all VPKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There must be some instruction on screen about using this application.
No, VitaRW was not meant to have any instructions because it was only meant to be used by those who are smart enough to know how to compile but others had shared it anyway, it's very dangerous if not used right and should not be used by amataurs unless you know what you are doing or following instructions very carefully.. i have used it plenty of times btw and 99% of the time it does the mounting and unmounting thing but it still works just fine afterwards.

So you're saying that when I turn on the vita I should only start vitarw and vitashell and nothing else?
I never said that.. i meant AFTER starting VitaRW you should not do anything else other than using vitashell and/ or running ftp from your pc and when you're done messing around with the partitions simply reset your vita and don't run VitaRW again.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I got it done by starting vitarw once and then pressing the PS button once and going back to vitrw again.

Edit: the real instructions are not good for vitrw

Sinthetix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I think as there is already a public tutorial on Wololo: SKFU releases ? Package Installer Unlock on the retail PS Vita! which involves directly this application, then it IS automatically meant for people who didn't write a line of code in their life but want to enable packager. Personally I used it one time when enabled packager then I deleted it, but as I said there should be at least mentioned somewhere about that mounting/unmounting trick.

Last edited by Sinthetix,

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think as there is already a public tutorial on Wololo: SKFU releases ? Package Installer Unlock on the retail PS Vita! which involves directly this application, then it IS automatically meant for the people who didn't write a line of code in their life but want to enable packager. Personally I used it one time when enabled packager then I deleted it, but as I said there should be at least mentioned somewhere about that mounting/unmounting trick.
Yeah but Major_Tom purposely did not release the compiled version for the same reasons mentioned above, and that tutorial was only written from some users of the community but if any of the devs were to release package installer officially then they would probably just write something that involves using VitaRW in their code with a restart or unmount function to prevent people messing up their vita, one person has already completely bricked by deleting os0.

smokemonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know. I saw about a hundred "I bricked my vita" posts when I was researching the CEX <> IDU process. People tend to proceed without caution unless strongly warned against something. I guess they proceed even when warned though, so maybe it doesn't matter ;)
I told you so!! I love it when I get to say that :D

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vita Activator (can be used for activating your Vita without needing to acces PSN, from ZombieWizzard, remind that you give your account details into a strangers program here, even when ZombieWizzard is a well known dev) [website alternative and PHP script]

I think this goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway since not many people are mentioning it: This right here applies to every homebrew out there, mine included (AccountSwitcher). There's nothing stopping a dev from sending your credentials to a remote server. If possible, always compile from source and, if you're going the precompiled route, make sure the package is from reputable sources.

In AccountSwitcher's case, I know there's no source available. It's my first c app (I'm more of a c# guy) and I'm not really confortable with the state of my code yet. I have nothing to hide, of course, but I completely understand if someone wouldn't want to use the precompiled builds.

Anyway, my point being: don't just blindly installing everything. Compile it yourself or make sure its from someone you trust.

Sinthetix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It would be better to bring back PSM Dev for Unity, then even piracy is not needed, a lot of cool games will be available.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know about everyone else but the vitarw vpk is not compatible with henkaku 4 on my psvita. It's giving me the error 0x8001001E.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

Andrelol15

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello you can move the vpk backup from the vitiam to the ux0 pspemu/PSP/SAVEDATA than put it into the any one savedata and start cma from the pc and drag the vpk file from the savedate into the pc.
Vitamin 1.1 not the omegan is the beta its comes the error message you need the vitiam 1.1 from youtube =)

Last edited by Andrelol15,

ObeSeeker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hehe, thank you for updating the list. I have been wondering when will a text editor will be released. I loved the pspwrite homebrew back in the day.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the link and it's working for me now, maybe parts of the amazon cloud where down 57min ago.
Please try it again, this is the link from the offical website www.mgba.io and therefore it should (always) work.

I uploaded todays build here just in case that the offical link still isn't working for you.
Have fun with your favorite GBA games :)
Thank you. I got it. For some reason the link didn't work on my desktop. I had to use my tablet. Then transfer it from the tablet to the computer. Not sure why. Oh well. :)

Edit: What's the best sega genesis emulator in your opinion?

Last edited by Bryon15,
D

Deleted User

I see this thread hasn't been updated for a while, but I just wanted to point out a really useful Proof-of-Concept tool TheFlow developed and released about 3 days ago, that apparently still hasn't even been announced on Wololo's front-page yet.

It's called Settings+ and allows you to modify some parts of the Settings app through a replicated plugin and some additional Text/XML files.
This includes modifying things such as the Version and MAC strings, and the order and appearance of Settings Tabs.

A really useful thing about it, is that you can modify one of the settings tabs, that you never really touch, with the hidden IDU Settings tab, making the need for swapping to IDU mode pretty much almost defunct!

IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG

- Debug Settings doesn't work still, by the way... just shows up as a blank menu. :(
- Also ignore Sandbox Settings; I saw a part of the XML file which pointed to sandbox_settings.xml, and I was curious to see what would appear. To my joy, it was an error... :glare:

I'll shut up about this now; but you can read up more about it, and get the download, over at Hackinformer's article:
:arrow: http://hackinformer.com/2016/09/23/poc-settings-for-the-psvita/

Reactions: VitaType
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."