Help

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by TLSpartan, Oct 21, 2007.

1. TLSpartan
    OP

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    I got my XenoGC today off my dad since it was shipped to his place on Tuesday(had to wait 6 days [​IMG] ). So I opened up my GC. Got to the bottom of the DVD Drive. I wrecked on of the screws unforunately [​IMG] . So, I am basically asking if somebody knows how to unscrew a screw that has been wrcekd really badly?

2. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
    It depends... is the head of the screw above or below the surface? If it's not set in a hole, sometimes you can grab the head with a locking wrench, and work it out. Otherwise, a screw extractor bit might work, it's basically a very hard reverse-threaded drill bit. I've also "re-slotted" screw heads all the way across the head with a very small file, then used a flat-head screwdriver to remove it.

If you could post a picture, or more in-depth description of it's setting, that would help. Good luck, stripped screws are a pain in the butt.

3. TLSpartan
    OP

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    Well its on the outside(The head is not recessed) . I like your idea of the file and turning it into a flat head screw. I will have a shot with pliers first though (If it doesn't work I haven't wrecked the screw anymore [​IMG] ). Will post back what happens.....