Help

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Westside, Mar 2, 2007.

Mar 2, 2007

Help by Westside at 12:03 AM (878 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Recently I've been having trouble listening to music. I wonder what the hell is happening... I always heard that these pair of cheap sony headphones I'm using is rather good for the price. The strange thing is that, though sound quality is not bad, my ear feels a sharp pain whenever I listen to it for more than 15 minutes. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] , anyway, today I watched 3 episodes of an anime on it, I am having an ear-ache for hours (about 8 by now)... no one else used this headphone seems to have that problem. I'm sure it's not my ears, because when I used any other brand (even other model of sony) headphone, my ear stays fine. Any suggestions to why? Any cure? Any ear-ologists on this forum?

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    your playing music to loud i get it all the time with using loud headphones. Some headphones produce more sound than others.

3. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] What's a load earphone... sorry I'm not too updated with technology, maybe I'm getting old....

4. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

you mean too loud?

I'm using Sony headphones too and they're fine
    [​IMG]

It's also possible that you have a psychologic problem as you know these headphones were made by Sony [​IMG]

5. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    I see... I spend way too much on headphones. I already got my $150 pair nicked, so all I have now is this $19 one. If only there was someone who can give me free money.

6. thegame07

United Kingdom
    some headphone produce sound loader than others. You need to watch you could be damaging your ears permanently if they are hurting while listening to music . Singers who do concerts get the same pain and sometimes they go partially deaf.

7. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Wow, thanks for the warning... I really don't want to be deaf, a world without sound [​IMG].

Actually, I don't listen to loud music anymore... this earbud is giving away painful static electricity as long as it is conntected to my computer. A warning to future buyers of sony earbuds. The quality is amazing for $19 though.

8. thegame07

United Kingdom
    sorry for the spelling mistakes earlier. I was trying to rush before gbatemp went offline [​IMG]

9. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    The earbuds might be compacting wax into your ear canal, or you may have an infection. A quick trip to the nurse/doc might be in order. They could take a fast look and tell you if you had either of those problems. There's home remedies for taking care of the wax problem, but they're unpleasant and questionable. If it's an infection, antibiotics is really the only way to get rid of it.

Disclaimer: I am not a licensed earologist.

10. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    Try Hopi ear candles.... they're great for cleaning out wax and gunk without having to go to the quacks to get syringed.
    As long as you have someone to watch over you while you're doing it - the flames on the beggars can get well high.