Hacking ~Help........

madox2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am a newbie. I just bought a DS Lite (US version). and my brother got me the R4 from HK. The box is in chinese. I don't know if that is the problem. But when I put the R4 with the memory card and the required files, the DS Lite will freez with a 2 white screens. Any idea? Is the card busted or there is some incompatible between the 2 devices? Please response, thanks.

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you mismatch English firmware with a Chinese card? Try it with the Chinese firmware.

I *think* you'll need to perform a modification along these lines if you want to switch languages. (Not sure if it still works for the newest versions)

madox2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are you saying that a US firmware of DS Lite will not work with Chinese version of R4?
Is it possible to change the firmware of DS? if so, how?
What other options do I have to make them work together?
Thanks for your quick response

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So are you saying that a US firmware of DS Lite will not work with Chinese version of R4?
Is it possible to change the firmware of DS? if so, how?
What other options do I have to make them work together?
Thanks for your quick response

Yes, that is what I am saying. If you perform the modification described (and illustrated) in the link in my above post, you can convert your R4 from the Chinese to English model *then* you can put the English firmware on it. Until then I believe you will have to use the Chinese firmware.

I believe this is the link for it (my Chinese isn't so great though
blink.gif
) Chinese firmware 1.06S

Try it and see if you at least get it to boot.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
be careful some new model r4ds dont allow you to mod them

if you have a chiense r4ds and a US nds lite i would just use the chiense firmware on the r4ds its not that tough to navigate its not worth ruining your r4ds and stuff

Modrak

Trophies
XP
Country
be careful some new model r4ds dont allow you to mod them

if you have a chiense r4ds and a US nds lite i would just use the chiense firmware on the r4ds its not that tough to navigate its not worth ruining  your r4ds and stuff

Ruining ? It's damn easy, compared to Undiluted Platinum installation into the PSP
smile.gif

Solder one bridge and you're done
wink.gif

(if we're still talking about the first version with 4 pads)

madox2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH... you meant use the chinese R4DS firmware on US DS Lite? I tried that, I used the files on the CD that came with the box, but it is still not working. give me blank white screens... well.. a very light color of 'warning message' on the bottom screen, just like when you start the DS normally.

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OH... you meant use the chinese R4DS firmware on US DS Lite? I tried that, I used the files on the CD that came with the box, but it is still not working. give me blank white screens... well.. a very light color of 'warning message' on the bottom screen, just like when you start the DS normally.

you should really go to the chinese website and download their latest firmware
http://www.r4ds.com/soft/11.htm

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you use the wrong firmware it should tell you 'the hardware is not compatible' or something like that, it shouldn't give you white screens.

What does it do if you start it up without the microSD card in it? It should give you black screens with 'Couldn't find the SD/TF card' in large white letters.

madox2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I don't know what is busted. If I turn on my DS Lite w/o micro SD, same thing, either white screens or it will just bootup as no DS card was found in the slot. If I turn power and hold, it usually gives me white screen, if I do a quick flip on the power, usually will just go to regular screen like there is no DS card in the slot. However, it is not always the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1