FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Hello. I am completely new to this, and had no idea that such a thing existed. However, I am extremely extremely interested. I have many questions, and would really appreciate it if you could help me out, cause I'm completely in the dark about this stuff. So basically, I understand that combined with the passcard (v. 3), the G6 Lite (I have a lite, so I'm guessing this would be ideal), a media player is created, playing music, movies, pictures, and Nintendo DS/GBA Games. So, firstly, where do you get these games. Do they come with the software when you buy it, and if so, are a lot of games available? And if not, where do you download them from? Secondly, do these games work with multiplayer and/or WiFi? And how is it that it connects to your PC? Are both the passcard and the G6 cartridge required to play NDS games?

Help Please! Thanks.

FuLei

Parsaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Generally, you can only use these games if you own them yourself, unless their homebrew. yes, they work with wifi, most don't work with download and play though. And to connect to your pc to get the files on our flash cart, the g6 uses a usb thing, you put the g6 in the USB device and then connect it to your PC. And yes, the G6 and the passcard are both required to play NDS games. though,you don't have to go with the g6, there are many other brands and types out there. I prefer the G6, myself, never-the-less.

FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks a bunch. But about the NDS Games, so basically the games are given in the g6 software, but in order to play them legally, you must own the games. And if this is true, are like all of the games pretty much available. Or is it that you actually upload your own games to your PC?

Parsaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope, they aren't given in the g6 software. But there are certain ways of obtaining then, which I won't name.

Though, there are ways to dump the games to your PC, which I do not know how to do. :/

FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haha, thanks. So basically the only way to obtain it in general is illegally, and im guessing youre not allowed to mention the sites. but when i search a game for example on torrentspy, and it comes up with pretty official-looking files called Progetto Rom Packs, would those work? Because I really do not want to buy this hardware, if I don't know where to get the files to use it. And maybe you could give me advice about how to find it, like maybe a name of a site? possibly... Thanks though.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haha, thanks. So basically the only way to obtain it in general is illegally, and im guessing youre not allowed to mention the sites. but when i search a game for example on torrentspy, and it comes up with pretty official-looking files called Progetto Rom Packs, would those work? Because I really do not want to buy this hardware, if I don't know where to get the files to use it. And maybe you could give me advice about how to find it, like maybe a name of a site? possibly... Thanks though.
We're not allowed to name sites or give specific instructions for downloading roms, but download sites are very easy to find. I've even found some by accident while searching for emulators for the DS.

Just spend some quality time with your favorite search engine.

FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I'm a noob and I now realize that youre not allowed to tell me websites and such. But, will the roms downloaded from those websites work with G6 lite and the Passcard? Because on G6 Flash's site, it says it's 100% compatible. So will they all work, those 100s of roms from a site called like nintendodsroms or ndsroms or something along those lines? and do you think its worth it, overall, to buy the G6lite and the Passcard?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every cart claims to be 100% compatible, but in general they are not. The G6 has very good compatibility with DS and GBA games, but a few games don't work at all and a few work but have problems.

I would say that the G6 can play around 98% of DS games, and a similar or slightly lower percentage of GBA games. Most of the DS games it won't play are not really signifigant titles, the main exception being Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, which doesn't work on any slot 2 cart.

There is only one card that really is 100% compatible with all DS games, and that's the Acekard. It has a lot of drawbacks though, and it's a slot 1 card so it won't play GBA games. If 100% really matters to you it's worth investigating.

At this point in time I still think the G6 is the best slot 2 cart, and I would get one again. I think eventually a slot 1 card will be the way to go for DS roms, but not just yet.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading ROMs, is not allowed to be discussed in any way, shape, or form. Please someone stop this man.
In unrelated news:

Well, one time I was BACKing UP my car, and then I noticed that there was another car behind me so I looked at it's license plate. (you know the FIRST FOUR NUMBERS in it's identification) So anyways, I crashed my car. So I was pretty dang sad, so instead I took the FIRST FOUR NUMBERS and gave them to my friend. In exchange for my insuranse he gave me a specific type of MULE, which tracked down this guys CAR using the FIRST FOUR NUMBERS. All in the end it was a very happy experience.....

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks alot guys. I'm pretty sure after looking at a lot of different hardware, its between the G6 Lite and the DS-Xtreme. DS-Xtreme got awesome reviews, and it's support with homebrew apps is phenomenal as well. Both G6 and DS-X unfortunately only have 512 MB of space. What does this mean in terms of how many DS games (about)? 5? 10? 15? 20?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have 13 DS games, 5 GBA games and 1 emulated SNES game on my G6 right now. DS games range in size from 8 to 128 megabytes(and seem to average around 40 megs), so you can fit a huge number of the smallest games, or only a few of the biggest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM