Apple Help!

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I jailbroke my iPod touch 4.2.1 with greenpois0n and it worked, but when I used the loader for Cydia it only partially downloaded! I did not touch it while it was installing and now there's a blank app labeled Cydia. But when I try to open it it only comes up for a millisecond then exits out. Yes I rebooted my iPod and tried to reinstall it with the loader app but it didn't work it said that Cydia had already been installed. I tried to delete it but no x appeared on the upper right hand corner. Please help!

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What model iPod? (Include storage please.)
Try restoring and rejailbreaking, do not use an old backup until Cydia works.
OR just rejailbreak it immediately.

NeoSupaMario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot my encrypted backup password... And I don't wanna lose my data. I also tried rejailbreaking and that didnt remove the half downloaded Cydia so I still got the error...

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot my encrypted backup password... And I don't wanna lose my data. I also tried rejailbreaking and that didnt remove the half downloaded Cydia so I still got the error...

Use a non-iTunes backup software, restore iPod, rejailbreak, and transfer the info back.

NeoSupaMario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Use a non-iTunes backup software, restore iPod, rejailbreak, and transfer the info back.
could you provide a download for another backup software?

NeoSupaMario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might try this.

http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/
I'm a little confused as to what this does... It says I need to have Cydia to install some afc2add thing. I don't have Cydia; that's the problem. Is there some other way for me to get this to work on a windows 7 64 bit?
P.S. This is like windows explorer for viewing iPod files right?

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watch out when rebooting the iPhone. I have heard reports that sometimes you have to reboot an iPhone several times before the jailbreak will work properly. Apparently until the jailbreak works properly some apps that weren't installed by iTunes won't work. Also some official apps;(such as safari) may not work either.

NeoSupaMario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I just had an idea but I don't know if it would screw up my iPod or not...
If I rejailbroke it without restoring with redsn0w instead of greenpoison (redsnow installs Cydia during the jailbreak) then rejailbroke it again with greenpoison, would that work? It seems that the copy of Cydia that redsnow installed would stay on, right? Do u guys think this would screw up my iPod?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all