Hacking HELP

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I installed MDK2 today and now I cant play ANYTHING. In Neogamma I get a disc error 1167. In Uloader (using USB DVD) I get a DRE and through the system menu I get the "please turn off system" message. I tried uninstalling MDK2 and I get nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Darkcorp and in each process I can get to 70% and then the system resets. I even tried restoring a nand backup from months ago and still NOTHING. I just don know what to do. It's an older model Wii capable of playing disc backups so I just dont get what's going wrong.
hate2.gif

Edit: I also cant open up channels with the exception of the Homebrew Channel. -_-' Ugh! BTW I'm on system menu 4.2u

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I might have a corrupt IOS and might need to reinstall that or the whole damn menu with files. Does anyone know if Waninkoko's 4.2 installer still works. I dont want to update to 4.3

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use Modmii to do a PROPER remod frm scratch....link in my sig. install to your PC...start the wizard; answer questions honestly....

it will keep you on 4.2U and *hopefully* fix your problems....

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
just use Modmii to do a PROPER remod frm scratch....link in my sig. install to your PC...start the wizard; answer questions honestly....

it will keep you on 4.2U and *hopefully* fix your problems....

Just tried your suggestion I'm still getting DRE's when I open channels.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
download the system menu wad for 4.2U and try reinstalling that too (warning it will uninstall priiloader, so reinstall that afterwards). You can download it from ModMii's download page 1

edit: if that doesn't work and if u have bootmii @ boot2, I'd look into ohneswanzenegger or crediar's nand formatter

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I get the same errors. It's always the "Please eject the disc and turn the power off" message. It happens every 6-12 seconds after I put a disc into the drive.

Tried NeoGamma again... another Error 1167

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Are you sure the code 1167 when you open up channels? That doesn't make sense.

Neogamma = DVD Error 1167

Just sticking a Disc into the Wii gives me this = "An error has occured. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

Wii Channels = An error has occured. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn off the power to the console. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for further instructions.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you make a NAND backup? Probably the most useful 528 Megabyte file out there in the Wii scene.

EDIT: Sorry, I was specifically looking for the term NAND, but the context kinda tells me you didn't. I would go with ModMii if you didn't.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and I tried reinstalling my NAND backup and I get the same problem. I also just upgraded to 4.3 and I STILL get the same issue. I'm clueless.

At this rate I'd be happy just getting USB DVD loading back but even now, when I try to load a disc through ULoader, It's the same error.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. Here's a new question. What would keep a Wii from loading games and channels. I'm looking at the brick description page on hackmii.org and my situation doesnt match any of the following

Semi/Partial Brick

A Semi/Partial Brick occurs when a System Menu update from the wrong region is installed on a Wii or some resources have been otherwise damaged, breaking some (but not all) of the functionality of the System Menu. Typically, games will still boot but the Settings menu will not work -- this prevents the system from healing itself with an online update. These cases can be fixed by installing a newer version of the System Menu from a disc of the correct region, or with any other tool that can modify the System Menu.

Banner Brick

A Banner Brick occurs when the user installs a channel with an invalid banner (wrong image size). With this type of brick the system will freeze after the Health and Safety screen and may display a "System Files are Corrupted" error message. This can be fixed if the Wii has previously had BootMii (as Boot2) or Preloader installed, otherwise it's the hypothetical equivalent to a Full Brick.
Since boot2 is intact during a Banner Brick, any user who owns a pre Q4 2008 Wii with BootMii installed (as boot2) can access BootMii regardless of any corrupt WAD installed. From here they can access the HBC to uninstall the broken channel.
NOTE: Uninstalling the incorrect channel may lead to further damage, so users should be careful.
Alternatively, if the user has Preloader installed, they can use it to access the HBC and uninstall the broken channel.
NOTE: Uninstalling the incorrect WAD may lead to further damage, so users should be careful.

Full Brick (System Menu)

Generally speaking, a "full brick" occurs when the System Menu refuses to boot for any reason. There are two typical symptoms of a full brick:
1. The Wii displays an Opera error message instead of the “WARNING SCREEN" when the Wii boots and does not check the disc drive for a disc before displaying the error. Because of this it's impossible to fix using software unless you have BootMii installed (as boot2), or you use a Savemii Dongle with an autoboot disc.
2. The Wii displays nothing and you are presented with a black screen. Because of this it's impossible to fix using software, UNLESS you have BootMii installed (as boot2), or you use a Savemii Dongle with an autoboot disc. In some cases the latter will be unable to fix this brick.
A broken Bluetooth Module will present the same symptoms, but can only be fixed by replacing the module.

Full Brick (IOS)

If the Wii NAND filesystem is corrupt, the System Menu's IOS is missing or invalid, or the System Menu executable is missing or invalid, then the system will refuse to boot and nothing will be displayed on the screen. Depending on the exact cause of failure, Preloader or BootMii/boot2 can fix (and are required to fix) this sort of brick, assuming they are installed and the system boots far enough to run them.
A broken Wifi Module will present the same symptoms, but can only be fixed by replacing the module.

Low Level Brick (LLB)

A LLB occurs when part of the boot process is corrupt -- boot1 is corrupt, or boot2 is corrupt. Since boot2 is required to be working and able load an IOS before the system can run, any errors in this process will render the system inoperable. A LLB cannot be fixed with software and requires hardware modification to be repaired.

Error 003 Brick

See Error 003

See I have access o the Wii Menu and the settings menu. I have HBC and bootmii access. I can even recover my NAND. I did it this morning and wen from 4.3 back to 4.2. I did however try the recovery menu and only got 4.2(U) at the bottom of my screen and nothing else. I just dont know... I cant load disc and I cant load USB DVD. It's puzzling.

Bad_Ad84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
download the system menu wad for 4.2U and try reinstalling that too (warning it will uninstall priiloader, so reinstall that afterwards). You can download it from ModMii's download page 1

edit: if that doesn't work and if u have bootmii @ boot2, I'd look into ohneswanzenegger or crediar's nand formatter

Pretty sure that should be comex's nand formatter?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
Run Dop-Mii and run a syscheck. Post the results here.

OK I just got home. I'm running the Sys Check in Dop Mii and will post up as soon as possible.

EDIT: This is what I get when running the sys check

IOS Version FakeSign ES_Identify NAND Flash
250 (v65535) Enabled Disabled Enabled Disabled
249 (v20) Enabled Disabled Enabled Disabled
222 (v4) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
202 (v65535) Enabled Disabled Enabled Disabled
70 (v65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
61 (v5405) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
60 (v65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
58 (v5918) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled

...and nothing else shows up. What now?
frown.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Bad_Ad84 said:
XFlak said:

Pretty sure that should be comex's nand formatter?
nope, crediar's nand formatter is super secret and only used by the coolest ppl ever

or u could be right, lol
tongue.gif

my bad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use