falumpagus907

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all,
Currently getting back into it, haven't modded since CoverFlow was 1st released
and I have seem to have hit a road block.
I have followed this guide as far as I could https://wiiu.guide/
Here is how far I have gotten
Haxchi_v2.5u2 over Kirby: Squeak Squad
With Mocha v0.2 with RedNAND (Autobooting)
and now it autoboots into Mocha no problem.

I am now on the step to install HB Launcher Channel to the RedNAND
using WUP Installer mod Y 1.3 but i keep getting sent back to the home menu
after every attempt. I have been able to install a game to the USB under SysNAND
but for some reason I cannot get anything to install on the RedNand.
If anyone could shed some light on the error of my ways than I would appreciate it.

D

Deleted User

If you have access to the Homebrew Launcher channel, try running WUP Installer through that. This way, the Wii U Menu shouldn't even be launched in the first place.

The way WUP Installer works is that it requires specific permissions from the console. Mii Maker (the thing regular HBL runs in) does not provide these privileges, so WUP Installer hooks itself into the Wii U Menu, which does have these permissions. Something seems to have gone wrong on that end for you.

The HBL channel gives WUP Installer the permissions it needs, so it doesn't need to relaunch into the Wii U Menu.

falumpagus907

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to install HB Launcher Channel on the SysNand? If so once I install it there will I be able to use it in Mocha RedNAND?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you have access to the Homebrew Launcher channel, try running WUP Installer through that. This way, the Wii U Menu shouldn't even be launched in the first place.

The way WUP Installer works is that it requires specific permissions from the console. Mii Maker (the thing regular HBL runs in) does not provide these privileges, so WUP Installer hooks itself into the Wii U Menu, which does have these permissions. Something seems to have gone wrong on that end for you.

The HBL channel gives WUP Installer the permissions it needs, so it doesn't need to relaunch into the Wii U Menu.
Won't work, since the HBL channel requires sigpatches.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an alternative to WUP?
WUP Installer GX2 but you shouldn't have used that guide. That guide is outdated and tells you to set up a CFW (HaxChi), to boot another CFW (Mocha) to launch a 3rd CFW. There's no reason for Mocha and redNAND for the common user.

You won't find many fans of that guide on here.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WUP Installer GX2 but you shouldn't have used that guide. That guide is outdated and tells you to set up a CFW (HaxChi), to boot another CFW (Mocha) to launch a 3rd CFW. There's no reason for Mocha and redNAND for the common user.

You won't find many fans of that guide on here.
I totally agree with everything Kafluke says above expecially about the guide it's fucking awful and should be wiped from the face of the earth.

D

Deleted User

I totally agree with everything Kafluke says above expecially about the guide it's fucking awful and should be wiped from the face of the earth.
If i could, i would just bomb whoever created it.
Also, you can also follow my guide if you want to know more stuff. [After you're done with Kafluke's guide, you can give my guide a read :)]

falumpagus907

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate it gentlemen, I'm going to try to undo this mess and then I will give both of your guides a read. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb