Homebrew [Help] WUP Installer GX2 won't install certain things...

HeadstrongWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.
Longtime lurker for years, and this is my very first post, so forgive me if I'm breaking any guidelines or anything.

Anyway, I've hacked my Wii U, 5.5.1, with Haxchi, able to cold boot to wherever I need.

I've noticed that I can only install titles with WUP Installer GX2 if I am NOT already in custom firmware.
When coldbooting, I go directly to the homebrew loader. THEN certain things will install.

However, even then, others won't. (For example, I can't find a working channel for WUP Installer GX2, nor Sonic Rush Adventure - Not asking for links, cause I believe that's against the rules?)

Does anyone know what's going on, exactly?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All help is appreciated.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't expect an exact answer without exact details. What error are you getting from WUPInstaller, what is Sonic Rush Adventure (someone's DS injection?), where (in general, not by site name) did you get your downloads from (or if from NUS, with which utiliity) and what are you using for your signature patching solution?

If you are having trouble with your installs, run them with WUPInstaller y mod, not GX2, because you don't get error numbers from GX2 (unless that has been updated recently.)

If you have trouble with someone's VC injection, you'll have to ask the person who made it.

HeadstrongWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't expect an exact answer without exact details. What error are you getting from WUPInstaller, what is Sonic Rush Adventure (someone's DS injection?), where (in general, not by site name) did you get your downloads from (or if from NUS, with which utiliity) and what are you using for your signature patching solution?

If you are having trouble with your installs, run them with WUPInstaller y mod, not GX2, because you don't get error numbers from GX2 (unless that has been updated recently.)

If you have trouble with someone's VC injection, you'll have to ask the person who made it.

Well I sort of understand.
The error I get for SRA is that "Not a game, DLC, eshop file."
And as for GX2, it says "make sure WUP file is there", or something among those lines.

As for the y mod, GX2 is apparently based off the y mod, and I've had much better compatability with it - but I won't argue. I've tested the simple y mod and it yields the same results. Though I can't remember exactly what the error code was.

I've tried at least 2 different sources for SRA, but until the ISO sites come back online I guess I'm kinda stuck.

Maybe I'd have better luck just injecting...

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When coldbooting, I go directly to the homebrew loader. THEN certain things will install.
So you're trying to install non-legit titles by going directly to HBL, which means that you have no signature patching. That's not going to work.

It sounds like you're using CBHC, which is Haxchi at its heart, but it's better to use only the CBHC name to avoid confusion (or causing people like me to have to confirm with you.) You did say cold boot, but if it's plain Haxchi where you have to click the icon, that's fine too. We just need to know which path to follow.

So if you let CBHC boot to the sigpatched WiiU Menu, what problem are you having with running installs? Is it that HBL won't load (did you install the channel version of HBL yet?) Are you running HBL 1.3 or trying to use 1.4?

GX2 is apparently based off the y mod, and I've had much better compatability with it
The only real disadvantage to GX2 that I've seen is not having the error codes that the OS is handing back to the program. You're getting messages based on the error codes, but they're interpretations of possible causes of the error codes. Without actual error codes, you're left to guess which problem the OS encountered, and that's where I feel like the dev is shortchanging people. It's a waste of time to have to look at the source just to find out which error codes got lumped together. When you have to resort to steps like that, you're better off just looking at the system log directory. That's why I avoid the GX2 version. Funny thing is, I've never had something that doesn't install with y mod (if it's a good package), so I don't know what compatibility advantage GX2 would have. After all, they both just hand a directory to the OS installer function.

Maybe I'd have better luck just injecting.
Having something done for you saves time - when it works. But when you do it yourself, you gain a better understanding of the whole process. If you've got the time, then certainly try your own injection. If you package it with nuspacker, you're not going to break your WiiU (unless you do something like try to install an inject into your CBHC title - please don't do that.)

HeadstrongWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're trying to install non-legit titles by going directly to HBL, which means that you have no signature patching. That's not going to work.

It sounds like you're using CBHC, which is Haxchi at its heart, but it's better to use only the CBHC name to avoid confusion (or causing people like me to have to confirm with you.) You did say cold boot, but if it's plain Haxchi where you have to click the icon, that's fine too. We just need to know which path to follow.

So if you let CBHC boot to the sigpatched WiiU Menu, what problem are you having with running installs? Is it that HBL won't load (did you install the channel version of HBL yet?) Are you running HBL 1.3 or trying to use 1.4?

The only real disadvantage to GX2 that I've seen is not having the error codes that the OS is handing back to the program. You're getting messages based on the error codes, but they're interpretations of possible causes of the error codes. Without actual error codes, you're left to guess which problem the OS encountered, and that's where I feel like the dev is shortchanging people. It's a waste of time to have to look at the source just to find out which error codes got lumped together. When you have to resort to steps like that, you're better off just looking at the system log directory. That's why I avoid the GX2 version. Funny thing is, I've never had something that doesn't install with y mod (if it's a good package), so I don't know what compatibility advantage GX2 would have. After all, they both just hand a directory to the OS installer function.

Having something done for you saves time - when it works. But when you do it yourself, you gain a better understanding of the whole process. If you've got the time, then certainly try your own injection. If you package it with nuspacker, you're not going to break your WiiU (unless you do something like try to install an inject into your CBHC title - please don't do that.)

Yeah, I'm using CBHC... I just did it the other day so I'm still not up to date on a lot of the little abbreviations.

Using the plain version of WUP installer y mod, SRA shows up, verbatim, with this error.
"Install of title 00000000-00000000 failed.
install/Sonic Rush Adventure
Error: Not a game, game update, DLC, demo or verion title"

It gives that error when I boot directly to the HBL, or the system menu, or on Mocha.
So more than likely, it's just a bad inject.

No other error codes are given. I've made sure the folder set up is right, and it looks exactly like every other installable package, so I'm a bit lost.
Although that title code might be the issue. But I don't know, personally.
I've tried searching for another inject, but I can't seem to find one. And with the ISO sites down, it's kind of hard to search.
(Especially when you don't know exactly where to look. Bleh.)

As for the WUP Installer Channel, I got it to install after booting directly to the HBL.
"Install of title 0005000-57555000 finished successfully."

But when I would return to the home menu, I would attempt to launch the channel and I would be greeted with this error code.
"Error code: 199-9999
An error has occurred.
Please turn off the Wii U Console and try again."

I should probably note the version I was trying to install came from this thread.
Not sure if that's... Important or not.

But just in case, I've installed it using the y mod, the not-y mod, and GX2.
They install the channel just fine, but it just... Won't run.
Which is unfortunate.

Also thank you for the warning about not injecting the title that says "DONT TOUCH ME". I probably would end up doing something like that honestly.
That is, if I can figure out how to inject. It seems to be a bit more complicated this time around, and all the ones I've found were for Loadiine.
I used to be able to inject any Wii WAD, now I can't figure out injecting on the U. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the plain version of WUP installer y mod, SRA shows up, verbatim, with this error.
Check that there aren't any special characters in the folder name. (Just rename it to Sonic for now, but yeah, it might be a bad package.)

As for the WUP Installer Channel, I got it to install after booting directly to the HBL.

But when I would return to the home menu, I would attempt to launch the channel and I would be greeted with this error code.
An error has occurred.

I should probably note the version I was trying to install came from this thread.
Did you install to USB? There are several notes in that thread that say you have to install it to USB if you have USB connected.

HeadstrongWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check that there aren't any special characters in the folder name. (Just rename it to Sonic for now, but yeah, it might be a bad package.)

Did you install to USB? There are several notes in that thread that say you have to install it to USB if you have USB connected.
For SRA, no special characters. I'm just gonna assume bad package. I'm trying to inject it myself (although the guide is a bit complicated.)
But I have 2 other games I gotta self-inject because no one else has done them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I didn't know that about the USB... Now it works ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thank you! This makes things a lot easier on my end.

Reactions: nexusmtz

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm using CBHC... I just did it the other day so I'm still not up to date on a lot of the little abbreviations.

It gives that error when I boot directly to the HBL, or the system menu, or on Mocha.
So more than likely, it's just a bad inject.

No other error codes are given. I've made sure the folder set up is right, and it looks exactly like every other installable package, so I'm a bit lost.
Although that title code might be the issue. But I don't know, personally.
I've tried searching for another inject, but I can't seem to find one. And with the ISO sites down, it's kind of hard to search.
(Especially when you don't know exactly where to look. Bleh.)

An error has occurred.

But just in case, I've installed it using the y mod, the not-y mod, and GX2.
They install the channel just fine, but it just... Won't run.
Which is unfortunate.

Also thank you for the warning about not injecting the title that says "DONT TOUCH ME". I probably would end up doing something like that honestly.
That is, if I can figure out how to inject. It seems to be a bit more complicated this time around, and all the ones I've found were for Loadiine.
I used to be able to inject any Wii WAD, now I can't figure out injecting on the U. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And did you install Wupinstaller GX2 to the NAND when you have a USB plugged in? Have you read the thread for it? It's mentioned several times in the thread that you have to install it to the USB if you have a USB plugged in.

I wasn't the original author of the GX2 installer, but I made it possible to install it as a channel by porting it to rpx. I don't know why that error happens, but there will be a new app come out in the future that will make all the wup installers and the SCT obsolete, and will be error free as well.

Last edited by brienj,

HeadstrongWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And did you install Wupinstaller GX2 to the NAND when you have a USB plugged in? Have you read the thread for it? It's mentioned several times in the thread that you have to install it to the USB if you have a USB plugged in.

I wasn't the original author of the GX2 installer, but I made it possible to install it as a channel by porting it to rpx. I don't know why that error happens, but there will be a new app come out in the future that will make all the wup installers and the SCT obsolete, and will be error free as well.

That's what I like to hear.

And yeah, that was my issue ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) alongside a bad package. I'm just a little bit dumb.
But I appreciate the help.
Now I gotta move onto injecting DS games.

cory1259

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having issues with Wup installer gx2, but my problem is that I can install the games to my system, but not my external hard drive. When I install the games to my system it will allow me to move them from my system to the external hard drive it just won't let me directly install to the hard drive. Any ideas?

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HeadstrongWolf make sure you have the file "encryptKeyWith" in nuspacker folder (it must contain the starbuck wiiu common key inside). If it is not present you will have that error (0xFFFBFFFA).

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@HeadstrongWolf make sure you have the file "encryptKeyWith" in nuspacker folder (it must contain the starbuck wiiu common key inside). If it is not present you will have that error (0xFFFBFFFA).
Hey you do realise you are responding to a post from March lol

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been having issues with Wup installer gx2, but my problem is that I can install the games to my system, but not my external hard drive. When I install the games to my system it will allow me to move them from my system to the external hard drive it just won't let me directly install to the hard drive. Any ideas?

Crap hdd? Using Y cable for extra power?

retroboy2001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i notices some games in wup instaler gx2 dont see the folder to install . and others it does see is there a fix for that im using hard drive and gx2 v1.3 rev2 ..

Whar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I having An issue that it says that The path is not specified when i extracthomebrew to my sd card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.