chinhodado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm using the R4iSDHC Original (http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4-download/) with the latest 1.17b firmware. I tried to play the Yugioh 2010 but no luck. I have tried to patch both the US and JP version with both the xdelta and Rudolf's patch but it still doesn't work. It just displayed:

"Unable to read data. Please turn off the power and reinsert the game card"

Then I heard about Ysmenu and tried it. It got me past the title screen but whenever I tried to play the story mode or start a duel in WC mode I got a black screen.

Now I have some questions:
- Is my card a R4 clone or a DSTT clone? Has anyone experienced the same problem with the this? Have you found a way to fix it yet?
- What do the "extinfo.dat" and "savelib.dat" do? Are they crucial to the YSmenu? Where should I put them? I use the a2h's YSmenu builder and it only ask me to provide the infolib.dat, which I did. Do I just have to put them in the TTmenu folder? ( I put the latest extinfo.dat, savelib.dat and infolib.dat into the TTmenu folder but it still doesn't work)

Thanks for your help!

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not sure what your card is a clone of sorry....
Yes, place extinfo, infolib and savlib into your TTMenu folder on your card.
The latest version of extinfo, infolib and savlib is v6.082 and it has the fix for the (U), (E) & (J) versions of Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia, so you can use a clean rom. I just tested the (U) version on my genuine DSTT ans both story mode and WC mode work

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you have gotten YSMenu to run and load commercial roms, that means you set it up right at least. To check if you have a DSTT clone, just put in the flashcart without the microSD. If it says "Menu?" and a microSD icon, then it is a DSTT clone. As for the .dat files, they are needed (best to get them from here)
Extinfo is generally for antipiracy, savlib is the save type.

chinhodado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I put in the flashcart without the microSD, the DS stuck on the Loading... screen. So that means my card is a R4 clone?

My Ysmenu can run commercial rom, that's a relief. But still no luck with the Yugioh, though.

Btw, what is wood R4? Can it by any chance help me out?

chinhodado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+Get this file: http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/YSMenu0903270000.zip (YSmenu)
+Get the latest infolib.dat, savelib.dat, extinfo.dat here: http://gbatemp.net/t218024-updated-ysmenu-...dat-infolib-dat
+Use a2h's YSMenu generator: http://gbatemp.net/t130359-a2h-s-ysmenu-generator , choose Through file browser (which I think is the safest)
+After it generate the YSmenu, copy the downloaded savelib.dat and extinfo.dat in to the TTmenu folder
+Copy the TTmenu folder and the YSmunu.nds into your R4 card
Done!
(Open the YSmenu.nds in your DS)

chinhodado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retrogamefan said:
The latest version of extinfo, infolib and savlib is v6.082 and it has the fix for the (U), (E) & (J) versions of Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia, so you can use a clean rom. I just tested the (U) version on my genuine DSTT ans both story mode and WC mode work

Can you tell me the game ID of that version you found worked?
Is that rom you used patched or not? If yes which patch did you use?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chinhodado said:
retrogamefan said:

Can you tell me the game ID of that version you found worked?
Is that rom you used patched or not? If yes which patch did you use?
he used a clean rom(no patches,trims and all).Extinfo+infolib+savlib is for use on ttmenu/ysmenu that fixes most games.

Also i see you're card is not compatible with YSMenu,I suggest buying a new card now
wink.gif

chinhodado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if my card isn't compatible then how come ithe YSmenu can still run most of my game? It shouldn't be working at the beginning, am I right?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chinhodado said:
But if my card isn't compatible then how come ithe YSmenu can still run most of my game? It shouldn't be working at the beginning, am I right?
my bad,I misread and i though it was you.Disregard that
smile.gif
.But i still recommend a new card

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It could be possible that YSMenu is failing where the TTDS firmware isn't (it has happened on several occasions where the TTDS firmware works better with the same extinfo/infolib/savlib.dat) so it isn't impossible that ysmenu might not work with the game. You have to have someone test it with YSMenu...though in any case, you are probably out of luck if the latest files don't help you because that means either ysmenu doesn't play nicely enough to work with it, or your card has a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back