Hacking Help with Wood R4 on R4 Revolution

nesdude0011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a hard time adding Wood R4 to a new R4 Revolution card that I bought for a friend. When I download the newest firmware (v. 1.32) and open it up with Winrar, I get a bunch of files that show all the different languages, as well as the RPG folder and the DSmenu.dat file. I then copy and paste the last two items into my removable cards root.
When I insert the flashcard into the DsLite, it says "cannot find dsmenu.dat. Why is this? I feel like I am doing everything right.

Can anyone help me out?

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Copy and paste the entire contents of the Wood_R4_V1.32 folder onto the root of your microSD card.
(i.e. copy __rpg folder, _DS_MENU_.DAT file, and text files if you want them, onto root of the microSD)

nesdude0011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WigWrm said:
Copy and paste the entire contents of the Wood_R4_V1.32 folder onto the root of your microSD card.
(i.e. copy __rpg folder, _DS_MENU_.DAT file, and text files if you want them, onto root of the microSD)

I did that, and the same exact thing happened. When I load insert the card into my DSlite it says:

"Couldn't find _DS_MENU.DAT"

This is weird, because that file is included on the root of my card, when it is installed in my computer. Can anyone help?

nesdude0011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
What does the card look like. Can you post a pic? There are hundreds of different R4s.

It is the R4 revolution. I purchased it is from 0shippingzone. I have two cards, and I tested them both, and the same thing happened to me. Can someone please explain exactly how to get one of these cards working from start to finish?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is a 1:1 clone wood will work.
http://filetrip.net/f25544-Wood-R4-1-32.html
All you need to do is copy the contents of the archive to the root of your SD and it will work.

If it doesn't work then your R4s could be any one of a hundred different variants. There are other versions of wood and akAIO that may still work but we need to know which card you have. Are there any websites advertised on the packaging or cards themselves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup