bugmenot123

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not very good at english heres the edited post thats more cleaned up.

I tried to solder my wiikey foolishly by my self. Now i have accidentally pulled off solder point number 6 on my wii and also pulled off the copper plate thats under the point so now new solder wont stick. Now its pretty much unrepairable i think.
unsure.gif

Anyway
smile.gif

So i am going to take it to a professional on monday to get it soldered. I was going to ask him to bypass the missing solder point by soldering it directly to one of the ic leg.

What i wanna know is will soldering it directly to the ic leg work even tho the the copper plate was ripped off solder point 6?. What ic leg has to be soldered to replace solder point 6?. dose anything have to be done to the ic leg befor its soldered?. Like bend it push it up poll it out ect.

Btw the system still works fine.
laugh.gif

please help
wacko.gif

Thanks
nyanya.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically don't worry about it. If the person you are giving it to is really a professional, you just need to tell them that you lifted a pad and you needed it soldered to the IC leg...that's pretty much it.

dearodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the same mistake. I thought I was on a roll after finally modding my GC; so I decided that WiiKey can't that hard ....
Dude, what a mess, I pulled 2 solder points.
Fortunately a friend of a friend is an Electrical Engineer, who solders for his job.
He was able to fix one of the points but for the other one (point 2) did exactly what you are thinking, soldered direclty to the IC leg.
WII has been working finr for a couple of weeks now!!!
biggrin.gif

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
one of my mates tried repairing a bad wiinja install tonight and the pad came off, he gonna install a wiikey now instead as the wiinja is in too bad a shape to work on my Wii
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended