Hacking HELP with WiiFlow and HDD!?

cdubbz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Wiiflow running cios rev17 and 222/223 ios and what not. My seagate 500gb freeagent HDD is formatted to WBFS and it was working fine playing backups off Wiiflow but now i can play a game for about 10 minutes and it will freeze in the game. I have a thumb usb stick that i have been playing games off for now but it only holds like 4 games so its kinda annoying. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? i dont think its because the auto sleep on the HDD because it would freeze way sooner then 10 minutes. ANY help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Back up ALL your ISOs to your computer, do a FULL (not quick!) format to the drive, reformat with WBFS, and put your ISOs back on.

Can be quite lengthy, depending on how many games you have, but it might keep that noodle in your head from cooking over the problem...

Hope it helps, but can't promise anything!

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
Sao Mortel said:
Why WBFS???
Maybe b/c it used to be the only way to USB load(I think)... damn i should have waited a little longer b4 formatting mine to WBFS T^T
It can also be done via FAT32 and NTFS, although NTFS is still a bit shaky (IIRC)...

I prefer WBFS though, and that's what he was using before...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The formatting tool from windows dislikes formatting drives over 500GB in FAT32, yes. But that doesn't make it impossible. If you download and use a program like easeus partition master (freeware), you'll be able to do it without problems whatsoever.

I can't promise you that switching to FAT32 will solve the freezing issue, though. 10 minutes seems about the time that an USB drive would go to sleep mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse