Hacking Help With Wii Mod

goober56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So here is the skinny.. There is a Wiikey2 modchip installed and I am trying to install a USB Loader as the eject button is broken and its a pain in the rear to get discs in and out of this thing. Anyways I ran bannerbomb and got the HBC up. But if I try to run anything else through HBC it just black screens me.. Then I read something about WiiConnect being on might screw it up, so I tried to shut it off via Settings, and all it does is crash out with the Opera Browser help screen..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

goober56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically I have done what I listed. It was Wiikey'd first, and then I wanted to install GX Loader. So I followed the guide to install HBC. That is, Bannerbomb and through that I installed HBC, DVDX and HackMii. I copied the NAND did everything I could, then stuff just stopped working through HBC. I'll click on it and the screen goes black, no errors, no nothing. My last attempt I tried with DOP-IOS, it ran once and now it also goes black...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
try running DOP-IOS MOD with bannerbomb

if theres still a boot.elf file in the root of your SD card, delete it
the place the DOP-IOS MOD boot.dol there

goober56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK so I tried the DOPIOS-MOD idea, and it loads, but it crashes out whenever I try and do anything.. I'm really at a loss of words here.. So basically what I have is a Wii that has a mod chip on it (Wiikey). I was trying to get GX Loader installed and I used bannerbomb to install the usual stuff, namely HBC. The bad part in all this is that most of these programs require a network connection to DL the stuff it needs, but I can't access the setup portion of the Wii to change all that to my own network.

I'm really not sure where to go from here...

PS: Thanks for all your help.

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
First things first, what system menu was you and what guide did you use?
Did you follow the guide step by step? Did you install a Cios? Did you upgrade your system? did you install preloader?

The more info you give the easier it is to help, it sounds like you have a semi brick like above poster said, if you give us more details we can help you fix it.

goober56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before I got my hands on it, it was a 4.1 with a Wiikey. Following the guides I ran bannerbomb and installed Bootmii and HBC and everything was peachy. Soon after I learned I needed to install the trucha bug in order to get the end I wanted, that was to get GXLoader installed. Since then its been a cluster bleep of failed attempts at everything. A lot of the newer stuff requires a network connection, which I can't fix because WiiSetup is b0rked. And thats basically where we are at right now.

PS: I appreciate the effort you guys are putting forth with this issue.

I guess what I would like to do is possibly pull the save games off it, and start from scratch, if thats possible..

goober56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I want to start over. I've done so much crap on this thing now that I have no idea where its at. Is it best to maybe just reinstall the system menu?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
goober56 said:
So I want to start over. I've done so much crap on this thing now that I have no idea where its at. Is it best to maybe just reinstall the system menu?
That won't do anything. Do a search for "revirginize wii"

goober56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I virginized it. Fresh 4.2 install, left HBC on it. I ran the trucha bug restorer, downgraded IOS15, patched IOS36 and now when I run the restorer again to reupgrade IOS15 I get a black screen. In fact whenever I try to run WADManager or even DOPIOS I get black screens.

EDIT: OK somehow trucha reloaded for me. I upgraded IOS36, ran AnyTitleDeleter and dumped 222,223,249,250. And now when I try to run the cios installer, I get the black screen again...

goober56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I am not trying to use any of those right now, I am just trying to get CIOS38_rev14 installed. Everything I run from HBC gives me a black screen.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
goober56 said:
Well I am not trying to use any of those right now, I am just trying to get CIOS38_rev14 installed. Everything I run from HBC gives me a black screen.
Then put the IOS38-64-v3610.wad on the root of your sd Run the installer useing ios36 and do a wad install

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.