Help With Wii Freezing Problems?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ayojoe, May 16, 2009.

May 16, 2009
  1. ayojoe
    OP

Newcomer ayojoe Advanced Member

United States
    Recently I've been have minor problems with my Wii, and I was wondering what I should do, since I know there are a lot of smart and trustful people here.

1. First, WiiConnect24 Standby Connection freezes my Wii upon start up and requires me to unplug my Wii several times to have it work. My temp solution to that is just turning the WiiConnect24 (Standby) off, but I'm kind of disappointed that I can't use a somewhat useful feature on my Wii. I've been told before that it's a heating problem, though I've left it off the standby connection for a few days, put it back on for an hour or two and the problem ensued again, just to test it.

2. My secondary problem would be my corrupted Zelda OOT VC Game (bought off Wii Shop Channel) not working and causing problems with the channel menu options. When I click on it, it just does not load and freezes my Wii to a black screen while unsyncing my Wii Remote. It's not the signal problem that some people get on higher end TVs, it's a complete system problem with the VC ROM or something.

- When I went to go erase Zelda OOT and redownload, deleting the VC game took so long (more than 25 minutes, confirming a system problem) that I had to turn off my Wii manually for it to erase, at the cost of my Channel Settings Menu (Not main system menu) freezing if I don't redownload the title. I know for sure doing that didn't corrupt the ROM, as there was a problem beforehand. I've tried redownloading it several times and using different saves, my Zelda OOT VC Game just doesn't work. Keep in mind I got this from the Wii Shop Channel the whole time, and when I redownloaded it, I'm not sure if it took up extra space at one point, but the redownload goes by in less than 10 seconds and the system memory stays at the same amount of blocks, as if it never really deleted.

--Yet weird, my Super Mario All-Stars custom WAD works just fine. (Sorry if this is against the rules, I just wanted to briefly point that out). So I highly believe it's a VC ROM problem, and I don't know how to fix this.

3. Just incase this is needed, is there ANY way to extract locked saves like SSBB/Mario Kart Wii without using Twilight Hack w/Save Extractor/Installer? I heard you can use GeckoOS to remove the locks on those saves but if so, could someone tell me how?

Information: I do have the Homebrew Channel (only used for game hacks/cheats), and the only things I installed on my Wii were the 3.4 WAD Fixes/Unblocker to play WADs on 3.4 (cios_fix.wad, wadmanagerios16, and IOS Downgrader), and IOS60 (To allow WADs to be played off of the SD Card for System Menu 4.0) Yes, I do have System Menu 4.0 and again, sorry if that information is against the rules, I'm just trying to explain my situation in full detail.

If you've been helpful and patient enough to read all that I thank you, and I ask of what I should do:

Should I back up my saves, photos, and channels on my Wii and Format it? Would this get rid of of my WAD Fixes Installs/IOS60 Installs and/or harm my Wii? My friend said my Wii flash memory may be going bad and I should send it into Nintendo. I'm just afraid they'll fine me for finding homebrew and 1 WAD. I really don't know what do to or how to fix this, so could some of you guys give me some advice? Other than all of that, my Wii works fine. Thank you for your help

2. ayojoe
    OP

United States
    I don't mean to be an idiot or break the rules or anything, but I honestly need serious help and I don't want to be bumped down without a response. Someone please read my first post completely and respond.

3. ayojoe
    OP

United States
    Edit: I've realized when I do the manual delete on the OOT VC Channel, it doesn't remove any blocks from my System Memory. So it doesn't actually delete.

Could someone please help with my whole situation? (first post)