Help with Wad Manager?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davidsl_128, Feb 5, 2010.

Feb 5, 2010

Help with Wad Manager? by davidsl_128 at 2:09 AM (1,413 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    So I got a wad channel recently... I tried installing it, and everything went fine; or so it looked like. Once I returned to the Wii menu, a warning saying that the system memory was full came up; I had forgotten that my nand was full of rockband 2 songs, and only 200 blocks or so were avaliable, and the wad was 40 Mb (about 300 blocks, I think). Anyway, I tried uninstalling the wad and everything went fine, but after I freed up some space and tried to install it again, Wad Manager returned an error -1022 (tried uninstalling/reinstalling the wad several times, I always get the same error). My guess is that since the wad wasn't completely installed, it can't recognize what files are part of the wad. Also because of the error the channel won't show up in the menu. Now I don't even care about installing the wad, I just want to completely erase it...

Is there anything I can do to completely delete this wad? Besides AnyTitle Deleter, which I tried already? I have a nand backup in case it's my only choice, but since it's so old and all my game saves are outdated, and I'd have to copy all of them over to an SD, I'd rather not do it.

2. harmor

Member harmor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Why can't you use Any Title Deleter?

3. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    no, I can use it... but even if I delete the title, wad manager returns an error when trying to install it again. meaning, even anytitle deleter can't really delete it.

4. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    Now that I think about it, it seems that a nand restore IS my only option (I even tried to extract the corrupt wad with Wad Creator, so I could then delete it... but instead I saw 5-6 988 Mb channels with a bunch of symbols in their channel title! my nand doesn't even make sense anymore lol)...

one question though, has anyone ever had problems with using a save of a game that had copy protection? like if I copy my SSBB save to an sd card (startpatch installed, allows me to copy protected saves), make a nand restore, and copy the backup save back into the wii, will that cause any problem? maybe I'd end up with a corrupted save? because if that's the case, Id rather loose 1-2 months of progress than play for 4 months and then realize my save is corrupted and loose all my "SSBB / Rock Band 2 / other games with copy-protected saves" data...

5. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Load wadmanager with ios249. Uninstall the wad you tried to install. What is it?

6. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    Well, I always use ios249... uninstalling doesn't give any errors, but trying to reinstall the wad gives an error. And now that I check, there are fairly fewer blocks than before, so the data is still there. by the way, the wad was the fifth Monkey Island episode, I liked the PC version so when I read that the Wii version has a different story, I wanted to try these episodes out [​IMG] but hey, now that I think about it the only games I've played since the backup were no more heroes 1 and muramasa, so I just have to copy those two saves and restore that old backup [​IMG]

7. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    that "free block" count in the wii settings screen is garbage. dont go by that. it isnt the real free space left on your nand. ninty sets aside some space for IOSes and the system menu and shit. so it may say 40 blocks free, but you could actually have 540. if you install the wad and it doesnt fail, then you didnt really run out of space. you just went over the limit of how much free space ninty wants you to waste for official shit.

8. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    no, no... I mean that there are less blocks than before all this channel mess. I know that you can't use all the nand space (ok maybe not xD but how much blocks can IOSes take anyway? 80?). and the channel doesn't show up on the wii menu. I think I'll just restore the nand, even if I somehow get out of this, all those 988 Mb channels in the Wad Creator are freaking me out xD

EDIT: Guess what. I tried installing Monkey Island 5 in the recently restored nand, with about 800 free blocks. I got the same error again. So I restored the nand for nothing [​IMG] anyway, it seems that the problem is that I got a bad dump, or something like that. Meh. I'll just play the first 4, and try to install #5 sometime afterwards.

9. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    One single IOS (not meaning stub IOS') requires about 15 blocks of reserved space.

10. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
  11. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    how do you figure? pretty much every official IOS shares all but 1 or 2 of its contents. the head is 64 bytes. and in the case of IOS36, every bit of it goes in the shared folder after that 64 bytes. why would they set aside 15 blocks for 64 bytes?