Hacking Help with vWii

Brunho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since I didn´t found a noob questions topic like on the 3DS board, I´m going to create this topic. Sorry, everyone, if it´s in the wrong place.

I´ve been reading the forum for a week, gathering information about this and I think I understand everything. I know you all must be tired of answering this questions over and over, so, to simplify, I will just post all I´ve learned and would like the veterans on this matter to confirm if everything´s right, point any mistake or add some important tip.

My situation:

I want to play backup copies of Wii games on my European (PAL) Wii U. For now, I´m not interested in any kind of emulators, just the Wii games, and I never had a Wii or did this process before.

What I learned:

- vWii is completely separated from WiiU, so even if I brick it, my WiiU interface will be all right;

- Never install things made for softmodding Wii in the vWii;

- Softmodding vWii will not interfere in updating the WiiU firmware, as long as I don´t mess with slots below IOS200;

- To instal the Homebrew Channel (the first step), I need to have one of these games, from the same region of my WiiU: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode
(this is the tricky part, because my WiiU is not from the region I live, I will have to do some searching for these)

- To install the Homebrew Channel, I need to use a non-SDHC SD card (2GB or less);

- After the Homebrew Channel is installed, I can use other types of storage, like a HD or SDHC Card to boot my games from;

- It is a good practice to use DumpMiiNand to backup my NAND and Yet Another BlueDump Mod (YABDM) to backup individual vIOS without fake signing, because it can help a lot if I do some careless mistake in the future;

- The main diferences between using EmuNAND or not is: if I don´t use EmuNAND, I can only boot games from the vWii internal storage (512 mb) and, if I brick it, I´m bricking my original NAND, which is harder to recover. So, based on these, I think using EmuNAND is the way to go because it allows me to boot games from external storage and it´s safer.

I think that´s it. Like I said, I just wanted to do a last check with you guys, because I had no problems with my 3DS, thanks to all the info on this forum. :yaynds:

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is all correct. I wish more people would do this, honestly. If you have questions, post them to this thread. You've stated it, but I'm going to re-iterate= make for absolute certain that the mod you wish to use is vWii compatible if it installs to the NAND!

Brunho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is all correct. I wish more people would do this, honestly. If you have questions, post them to this thread. You've stated it, but I'm going to re-iterate= make for absolute certain that the mod you wish to use is vWii compatible if it installs to the NAND!

Thanks, TotalInsanity. I´m just waiting for my copy of Lego Batman to arrive to start the process. If any new doubt arises, I will post here. ^_^

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Tiger crust is great.