Help with used WiiU -> doesn't load Smash Brawl, get 162-3006 update error

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Spidey_BR, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Spidey_BR
    OP

Spidey_BR GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    Brazil
    After almost 3 years with my WiiU, I sent it in for repairs because it wasn't cold booting, requiring me to force a shutdown and them power it up. Since I have a nice home theater setup, that was pissing me off, specially since I had the 3 year warranty that I never used. So I sent the console in to the guy that sold me originally.

Ok, now after more than one month of his trying to understand what happened, he just tells me that he needed to swap the entire plastic cover of the console and now it works alright. So I get the fixed console only to realize that's not my console anymore, but another one. The serial number is changed not only in the sticker under it, but also as the System Settings tells me: the motherboard was not the one I originally owned.

That wouldn't be a problem only if I could update and use the console normally. You see, I'm an all original guy and was hoping to retransfer my Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate save from the 3DS back to my WiiU, so I could resume hunting large monsters online. But I can't update the console, I keep getting the dreaded 162-3006 error. I've gone through the 162-3006 error thread, but I can't know for sure that this console was modded in the first place. So I thought about softmodding vWii so I could ran SysChecker. And then I realized Smash Brawl just refuses to boot!

I tried Zak & Wiki and it works perfectly. I've tried Smash Brawl on my original WiiU and it worked correctly. The disc is in a very good state, not scratched at all, 9.5/10, almost brand new. I was thinking: is there any cIOS or IOS mess that the previous owner could have done to get this WiiU in this state? I'll reach the seller again and ask for my money back or for a brand new WiiU on the warranty anyway, but I'm trying to solve this riddle.

Since I don't own the other LEGO or Yu-Gi-Oh games to continue with the softmodding o vWii to run SysChecker, I'm at a loss now...

2. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
  3. Spidey_BR
    OP

Spidey_BR GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    Brazil