Help with USB wireless Adapter

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Foxstar, Feb 16, 2007.

Feb 16, 2007
  1. Foxstar

Member Foxstar GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2005

I have been trying for that past few hours to get this USB wireless adapter working.
    USB Device
    All i want is for it to act as an access point so i can connect to it with my DS/Wii/Laptop. I have another usb which i bought for myself (the one that isnt working is for my girlfreinds computer) and that is working fine, it is a different model and make though.

Is it possible for this to act as an access point or is it some kind of other usb wireless adapter. It has a option to set it to an infrastructure, which is what i thought was similar to an access point, but it doesnt do anything. The only slight way i can get some kind of connection is by using Ad-Hoc mode. with this my devices such as DS, laptop etc can see that there is a signal but it is useless for internet. ANy suggetions. Thanks.
  2. slayer667

Newcomer slayer667 Member

Jan 4, 2006
    United States
    With the hardware, you should be able to use it as an access point. I guess the difficulty lies in finding the software to do it. I would try and see what the hardware really is and if you can use another company's software with it.