help with updating wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sbunts, Jun 14, 2009.

Jun 14, 2009

help with updating wii by sbunts at 7:45 PM (717 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. sbunts
    OP

Newcomer sbunts Newbie

United Kingdom
    ok id like some advice please as my head is batterd with all the answers and guides

at moment i have 3.2 soft mod done with twiight hack

i would like to

1 update to 4.0 if safe and all backups will still work from backup loader [​IMG]

2 update out of date ios as i tried to install the new hbc and it said my ios were fakesigned but tbh i no clue what to do with this

i have added 249 rev 10 to my wii just to see what happend and nothing did so any hlp on this would be great [​IMG]

ohh my wii is starfall protected and has preloader installed also

2. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland

3. 2yugimoto

Member 2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

United States
  4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Following that guide is FAR easier if you just follow it BEFORE updating through nintendo. There's no reason to update to 4.0 from 3.2 then downgrade to 3.2 and upgrade to 4.0 again. Just follow that guide from where you're at now.

Also the thing about installing the new hbc...did it say your wii is unhackable or something? Do you have CIOSCORP installed on your wii? If you do waninkoko's upgrader should get rid of it. Then you should be able to update hbc through the hackmii installer and install bootmii if you can. If you really still want to see disc animations before you load a game instead of just using a backup launcher you could reinstall CIOSCORP again (making sure to follow that section on it in the guide and having preloader installed and working beforehand because you will get a brick in the process where preloader will need to be reinstalled.)

5. sbunts
    OP

Newcomer sbunts Newbie

United Kingdom
    ok ive done wankinos 4.0 update using the guide and im now at 4.0 with preloder installed, ive used neo gamma to get indiana jones to work seem only thing that dont is ghost busters but hey we cant win em all

6. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    You can use USB loader also, if you have an external hdd you can format it to wbfs and dump games onto it.