Hacking Help with updating from old Kosmos build

Camus30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello everyone

Few months ago I bought used Switch. Its on the 9.1.0 firmware with Atmosphere based on KosMos build (sorry if I used wrong terms). I wanted to update my Switch to the newest firmware but what should I do with this KosMos build? I read that KosMos is discontinued. What would be the best way to update it to the newest Atmosphere without any problem? I read tutorial that recommend Sdsetup to download newest Atmosphere. Should I just delete all KosMos files and copy the build made from Sdsetup?
I would gladly read some safest way to update this Switch because I am afraid of *beep* up something when upgrading. I also dont need any flashy things, I am just using Switch in airplane mode all the time, with tinfoil/goldenleaf for installing .nsps. Also I am only using sysnand because previous owner was not using emunand.

Camus30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for the anwswer
I forgot to mention that I am booting my Switch CFW with the help of the RCM loader dongle. So do I need to do all the steps from the tutorial that you posted, about booting Atmosphere through Hekate etc.?
Sorry for confusion I am still new to this

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the anwswer
I forgot to mention that I am booting my Switch CFW with the help of the RCM loader dongle. So do I need to do all the steps from the tutorial that you posted, about booting Atmosphere through Hekate etc.?
Sorry for confusion I am still new to this

Follow the direction in the guide above, and put the hekate.bin on your rcm dongle, from there you load up Fusee-Primary on your SD card, the direction on the hekate.ipl teach you how to properly chainload, look up eXhumer's github for the patches you need for fusee-primary.

Camus30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Big thanks for help!
I followed instructions and everything seems to work fine. Now when launching Switch there is no longer Kosmos splash, but Atmosphere one. All of the games seems to work fine too. The system setting shows AMS 0.14.4|S so its now safe to update Switch firmware to the newest 10.2.0? Everything else I need to do beside updating official firmware?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big thanks for help!
I followed instructions and everything seems to work fine. Now when launching Switch there is no longer Kosmos splash, but Atmosphere one. All of the games seems to work fine too. The system setting shows AMS 0.14.4|S so its now safe to update Switch firmware to the newest 10.2.0? Everything else I need to do beside updating official firmware?

You can update if you want but don't use the offical updater, update via daybreak or ChoidujourNX, you going have to source your own firmware, google darthsternie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: