Hacking help with unbrciking my wii

SaQr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello everyone ..

it has been months since I bricked my wii n i was tottaly unaware of it after inserting mario kart wii disk into my japanese wii ..
then i started doing some researches n i knew all about bricking n regions stuff which i was unware of it at all in the beginning ..

anyhow now im really having hard time to know the right procedure to fix my wii now, there are so many threads all over the forum and the internet and i didnt find a clear way to do it i guess im not brainy abt such stuff ..
everybody is talking abt the firmware but how can i know the firmware number of my wii?

so can someone help me and guide me through to unbrick my wii ..
thanks in advance for everyone ..

regards.
SaQr

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
SaQr said:
hello everyone ..

it has been months since I bricked my wii n i was tottaly unaware of it after inserting mario kart wii disk into my japanese wii ..
then i started doing some researches n i knew all about bricking n regions stuff which i was unware of it at all in the beginning ..

anyhow now im really having hard time to know the right procedure to fix my wii now, there are so many threads all over the forum and the internet and i didnt find a clear way to do it i guess im not brainy abt such stuff ..
everybody is talking abt the firmware but how can i know the firmware number of my wii?

so can someone help me and guide me through to unbrick my wii ..
thanks in advance for everyone ..

regards.
SaQr

Is it a semi-brick? Case that settings can not be accessed but otherwise fine.

SaQr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i can play fine but i cannot access the wii settings which prevents me from connecting to the internet and playing online ..

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Use app called anyregionchanger and update to 3.3J. Then, use the anyregionchanger again to get back to 3.2J.

SaQr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
could u please explain more into details?
where can i find this application? and how would i know the number of the update?

SaQr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey

thanks for the instant replies =)

i find it too complicated

i was reading the readme file for the hombrew channel and it said i should have a SD card to boot the applications and i dont have a card n i dont know what applications he is referring too

then i dont know what to do with the region changer its a zip file what shall i do with it

god i feel so stupid!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
SaQr said:
hey

thanks for the instant replies =)

i find it too complicated

i was reading the readme file for the hombrew channel and it said i should have a SD card to boot the applications and i dont have a card n i dont know what applications he is referring too Stop here. Without SD card there is currently nothing you can do

then i dont know what to do with the region changer its a zip file what shall i do with it

god i feel so stupid!

SaQr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
actually its micro SD but i've got the SD adapter and a memory reader and its already attached to the pc ..

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
So then...what are you waiting for? Download HBC JAP iso, burn it to DVD and put in your Wii.
Unless...you have 3.3 firmware...but now how will you check it
wacko.gif

SaQr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok ok

#1 how could i check which firmware my wii has?
#2 its still unclear to me, but shall i make a folder called apps in the SD card and put the wii load folder which i found in the homebrew file in it?

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks for ur pacience man!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
SaQr said:
ok ok

#1 how could i check which firmware my wii has? Well actually you can't now. How long ago did you update?
#2 its still unclear to me, but shall i make a folder called apps in the SD card and put the wii load folder which i found in the homebrew file in it? Yes. Root of SD card/apps/geckoos/*dol or elf file here*

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks for ur pacience man!

Or damn. Do you have a backup or legit copy of Zelda TP?

SaQr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i bought my wii almost a year ago and i never updated it but i remember once i inserted a disk i dont remember which game n it made an update from the cd i think its mario kart wii and then the game didnt start, now im using original mario kart wii disk which is for usa region but it works on my wii ..

and no i dont have zelda game

tdlo123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Dude, the best way to fix semi bricks is by using semi brick fix discs

just google semi brick fix, get the update of your region and burn it, boot the disc and it will update.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
tdlo123 said:
Dude, the best way to fix semi bricks is by using semi brick fix discs

just google semi brick fix, get the update of your region and burn it, boot the disc and it will update.
He have 3.2 firmware already, so disc will do a diddly squat.

QUOTE(SaQr @ Sep 17 2008, 04:52 PM) i bought my wii almost a year ago and i never updated it but i remember once i inserted a disk i dont remember which game n it made an update from the cd i think its mario kart wii and then the game didnt start, now im using original mario kart wii disk which is for usa region but it works on my wii ..'K then, you can use the JPN Homebrew channel disc

and no i dont have zelda game

SaQr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok .. i burn the iso file into a dvd ..
what shall i do with the wii load folder?

and why do i need SD memory card n what should i put it it?

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The semi brick fix disk dont need an SD card. All you need to do is get your region update and burn it with the iso....i think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1