Help with transferring/cloning my Windows 10 to new SSD

VartioArtel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my computer is a mishmash of modern and ancient parts. The C: Hard drive is the sole remaining computer part and a neighbor we no longer talk to was the one who upgraded it somehow to have Windows 7 on it - up from XP. So I do not have the installation CD to 7 or 10. This means crackarooni or cloning is all I have.

To put more background, about a month ago, I had my first Blue Screen of Death in years. Considering my HDD's age, I figured it may be close to giving out. So I went to work on getting a replacement.

Well I was able to get my new M.2 SSD in the mail today. I've already setup the partition, now comes the real problem: I want to transfer my OS over to it. As noted above, I got no installation method available atm that's legal (no USB, no Disc, and personally that M.2 left me broke as it was all my money off an odd job for a friend).

So either A: I need a free alternative to easeUS ($70? No) and AOMEI Backupper ($45 is more managable but still a no).

B: I need some way of installing Windows 10 cheap as f.

C: Alternatives I cannot honestly grasp. Note that other OS than windows are not really a choice.

Soo... help? X_X

Edit: I potentially resolved it

Last edited by VartioArtel,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Are you on Win 7 or Win 10 now?
If you are on Win 10 you could download Win 10 with the official Windows Media Creator (Google it) for free. Then install it on the new M2 SSD. It should activate automatically online because your computer is already licensed. Just be sure to install the same version as you currently have (Home or Pro)
If you are on Win 7 then use the same tool to get Win 10 install and upgrade it. It will use your Win 7 activation to activate Win 10 automatically. After that you can install Win 10 directly on the new SSD.

Hope it works for you.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So my computer is a mishmash of modern and ancient parts. The C: Hard drive is the sole remaining computer part and a neighbor we no longer talk to was the one who upgraded it somehow to have Windows 7 on it - up from XP. So I do not have the installation CD to 7 or 10. This means crackarooni or cloning is all I have.

To put more background, about a month ago, I had my first Blue Screen of Death in years. Considering my HDD's age, I figured it may be close to giving out. So I went to work on getting a replacement.

Well I was able to get my new M.2 SSD in the mail today. I've already setup the partition, now comes the real problem: I want to transfer my OS over to it. As noted above, I got no installation method available atm that's legal (no USB, no Disc, and personally that M.2 left me broke as it was all my money off an odd job for a friend).

So either A: I need a free alternative to easeUS ($70? No) and AOMEI Backupper ($45 is more managable but still a no).

B: I need some way of installing Windows 10 cheap as f.

C: Alternatives I cannot honestly grasp. Note that other OS than windows are not really a choice.

Soo... help? X_X

Edit: I potentially resolved it
No need for a crack. The free 7 to 10 upgrade still works. Just use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.