Hacking Help with the r4i card I got, won't show up on New 3DS Luma

YamiJustin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an existing R4 Upgrade card that works on my N3DS running Luma, no issues there. My friend bought an r4i Upgrade and it does not show up on my 3DS. It came with a small 8gm micro sd and the person who sold it said it was working fine. Can anyone help?
IMG_5181[263].jpg

YamiJustin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update - I have an old DSi that I can use to test this out. This is a result I saw -

The new R4i Upgrade tries to auto-boot on the DSi but gets a firmware error. At least its showing up unlike on my 3DS where it is neither visible on the home menu or in TWLauncher.

The R4 card that I personally own works on the 3DS but does not show up on my old DSi

EDIT: I was able to get the latest firmware on the R4i card, and it boots up properly on the DSi. But it still doesn't show up on the Luma N3DS. But the older R4 does? I wonder why.
Forgive my ignorance. 3DS/DS cfw and hacking is something I step away from for months so I forget how I achieved certain feats in the first place

Last edited by YamiJustin,

YamiJustin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any suggestions? I wanna help my buddy lol I just don’t get why it works on a DSi and doesn’t show up in the 3DS

YamiJustin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly none of those work. Or at least I dont think they are working. At this point there are enough things that could be causing the issue that its almost a waste of time for me to keep looking into it. The biggest mystery is why it simply doesnt show on the home screen. My other one shows up and wont normally boot unless you use Twilight Menu, but at least it shows up..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?