Hacking Help with SVDT/PKHex and Gateway Emunand.

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi guys,

Am trying to use SVDT to get my save file so I can mess around with it in PKHex, and am following the regular guides/YouTube videos to do it.

All of them say boot into Homebrew Launcher and load SVDT and select your Pokemon game and backup your save file.

My problem is my Pokemon game is installed in Gateway Emunand and when I boot into Homebrew Launcher and load up SVDT, it's not able to "see" my Pokemon game, and I think this is because it's looking into Sysnand and not Emunand.

How do I go about making SVDT look into Emunand and fine my Pokemon Y CIA game?

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot Homebrew Launcher from Emunand.

Note that if your game is a .3ds or .3dz (as in you're loading it directly from the gateway cart) then SVDT won't see it.

Alternately, just get SaveDataFiler or JK's Save Manager. They're CIAs, so no messing around with the homebrew launcher.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Boot Homebrew Launcher from Emunand.

Note that if your game is a .3ds or .3dz (as in you're loading it directly from the gateway cart) then SVDT won't see it.

Alternately, just get SaveDataFiler or JK's Save Manager. They're CIAs, so no messing around with the homebrew launcher.

Much better :D Which one would you recommend? SaveDataFiler or JK's Save Manager?

Edit: Okay, I tried using the SaveDataFiler. I have it installed as .CIA but when I boot into it, I am not able to identify which save file is for Pokemon Y. It's all a bunch of numbers without any identifying factor :(

Last edited by GaaraPrime,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse