Hardware Help with SSBB PAL (PAL Wii)...

Kokorazashi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, so I just got SSBB and burnt it on a DL disc with IMGBurn. I set the layer break at 2084960 (As said in the Wiinja guide) but while I was burning, I got an error 93% like some I/O error, so I tried to continue after that. So then I put it into the Wii with a Wiinja Deluxe V4 chip and it just went TOC TOC TOC, apparently this happened because my laser isn't adjusted for DL media, but I have suspicions that it may be to do with the burning process. Anyone have any ideas what I can do?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Kokorazashi said:
Ok, so I just got SSBB and burnt it on a DL disc with IMGBurn. I set the layer break at 2084960 (As said in the Wiinja guide) but while I was burning, I got an error 93% like some I/O error, so I tried to continue after that. So then I put it into the Wii with a Wiinja Deluxe V4 chip and it just went TOC TOC TOC, apparently this happened because my laser isn't adjusted for DL media, but I have suspicions that it may be to do with the burning process. Anyone have any ideas what I can do?
Three times clicking? Open your wii and clean the laser. Mine Brawl works after that
smile.gif
But, yeah your disc failed.

I burned without layerbreak and it works.

Kokorazashi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks, where is the laser found? Oh, and by the way, I heard that ones made before they had DL in mind were at a certain OHZ or something, and I got mine at launch, so does that mean that mine needs adjusting?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Kokorazashi said:
Thanks, where is the laser found? Oh, and by the way, I heard that ones made before they had DL in mind were at a certain OHZ or something, and I got mine at launch, so does that mean that mine needs adjusting?
yeah, yeah.

Laser. When you open the wii remove four screws and open the metal plate:
beztytuu-5.jpg

And it's impossible for you to not see it.

If it won't work (It should; try it) Clean the laser, it will spin (now it don't spin). If disc is not working (BUT SPINNING); burn again without layerbreaks. You may get 001 error: use GeckoOS then. Mine works after cleaning the laser and burning without layerbreaks. If it's not working, then, well it's a lot harder to do.
You have to adjust laser pontentiometer. Don't do it: I almost screwed my wii (I had to readjust it to starting position).

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Kokorazashi said:
At the risk of sounding like a noob, whats GeckoOS?
It's homebrew application. You can run it through Homebrew Channel or TP hack. It works as freeloader. It can also boot Trucha Signed Discs on 3.3 version, or skip 001 error. It's newer version of Gecko Region Free

But maybe it's not needed. Clean the laser and burn without layerbreak if your previous disc is spining. If it's spinning you can use DL discs. You can buy Brawl and it will for sure be working. Laser "sees" the disc.

With uncleaned laser, when you instert disc it reads it as it's the "other" side of the disc-try it. Put disc by wrong side in the wii, you will hear the same clicks. Now, when you insert DL it just clicks, motor don't starts.

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD GECKO OS

Kokorazashi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I re-burnt SSBB eithout the layer break and it gave me an I/O error while verifying. And it does the same thing as the prevoius disc; make the Wii go TOC TOC TOC.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Kokorazashi said:
So I re-burnt SSBB eithout the layer break and it gave me an I/O error while verifying. And it does the same thing as the prevoius disc; make the Wii go TOC TOC TOC.
Did you cleaned the wii laser? If not it won't work, even if you burn 1000 discs and even if you buy the game.

There is possibility that your burner is dead.

Kokorazashi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I doubt my burner is dead. I'll try open it up, but later because I have a busy day today and it takes quite a while to open. Thanks for the help, I'll get back once I try cleaning the laser, by the way, how should I clean it?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Kokorazashi said:
I doubt my burner is dead. I'll try open it up, but later because I have a busy day today and it takes quite a while to open. Thanks for the help, I'll get back once I try cleaning the laser, by the way, how should I clean it?
I used some alcohol (denaturat) (
denaturat.jpg
-I don't know if it's right word)

and this (dunno the word)
ear-stick-128x128.png

Just wet it with denaturat (carefully, it don't must be that wet) and carefully (do not press it too much to lens) rub the lens. Then take other
ear-stick-128x128.png
and rub lens (again: carefully) to take off denaturat.

Grammar and sense in this post is so lame, that I must apologize.

Kokorazashi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just been to a friends house and his legit SSBB worked fine on my Wii, so it must be the way I burn the discs (IMGBurn no layer break) or the media (Datawrite).

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Kokorazashi said:
I've just been to a friends house and his legit SSBB worked fine on my Wii, so it must be the way I burn the discs (IMGBurn no layer break) or the media (Datawrite).

Ahha...then.

1. Burnspeed: 2.4x
2. Media Verbatim DVD-/+ DL
3. No layerbreak/layerbreak
4. Try another burner
5. If you cannot read these discs...well...that's not good.

If someone smarter that I am tell you that you have to reduce the OHMs...
You have to (But do not do it. It's too hard, and you can screw your wii)
1.Open the Wii.
nintendo-wii-d2b-replacement-dvd-drive.jpg

2. Then lift the drive, just as you was going to mod it.
Next, remove the black tape on shiny metal plate
Disconnect all flat cables from the sockets (carefully)
Remove two screws on circuit board
Lift the circuit board. This will reveal screw on metal plate. Remove it.
Then use some tweezers or a small screwdriver to lift the four catches on the sides of the metal plate.
Slide it off (being careful of the dvd flat cable)
Ya' will see
decbig.png

Info on pic.

Kokorazashi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I re-burnt it again on Nero 8 and it burnt successfully. After that, I put it into the Wii and it loaded. I booted into the game and made a save file but after doing so, it came up with a green screen saying unable to read disc. I tried ejecting it and putting it back in, and it gave me another error. Oh, and when I put it in, it makes loud clicking noises. Any ideas what I should do now?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Kokorazashi said:
So I re-burnt it again on Nero 8 and it burnt successfully. After that, I put it into the Wii and it loaded. I booted into the game and made a save file but after doing so, it came up with a green screen saying unable to read disc. I tried ejecting it and putting it back in, and it gave me another error. Oh, and when I put it in, it makes loud clicking noises. Any ideas what I should do now?

What disc you used? Which brand?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Try on better quatity disc like Verbatim. If IMGburn fails at you in burning DLs then burn with Nero.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Go to big computer shop and they should have one.

I'm from Poland so I don't know.
You can use also Memorex discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE