Hacking Help with softmod guide "Simplistic Wii Mod"

Darkmatter5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a brand new Wii, it's updated to 4.2U and I'm using the Simplistic Wii Mod guide at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 to softmod. So far everything is working as described in the guide, except when I get to the part after running the Hackmii Installer. After I'm in the Homebrew Channel I take the SD card out as per the guide and backup the created Bootmii folder to my PC. Side note: I had to install Bootmii as IOS as boot2 was not available.

Anyways, as I said I backed up the Bootmii folde rto my PC and am now stuck on the step that describes going to the work/cboot2/try this 1st folder and copy the Bootmii folder,boot.dol and startup.elf from the try this 1st folder onto the SD card root. Well the problem is the cboot2.rar file I got from emailing the gmail address mentioned in the guide, doesn't contain the above listed folders and files. It contains only the following.

/bootmii/
/bootmii/armboot.bin
/bootmii/bootmii.ini
/bootmii/ppcboot.elf
startup.elf

I don't see try this 1st anywhere.

What's wrong? Someone please help!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Darkmatter5 said:
I have a brand new Wii, it's updated to 4.2U and I'm using the Simplistic Wii Mod guide at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 to softmod. So far everything is working as described in the guide, except when I get to the part after running the Hackmii Installer. After I'm in the Homebrew Channel I take the SD card out as per the guide and backup the created Bootmii folder to my PC. Side note: I had to install Bootmii as IOS as boot2 was not available.

Anyways, as I said I backed up the Bootmii folde rto my PC and am now stuck on the step that describes going to the work/cboot2/try this 1st folder and copy the Bootmii folder,boot.dol and startup.elf from the try this 1st folder onto the SD card root. Well the problem is the cboot2.rar file I got from emailing the gmail address mentioned in the guide, doesn't contain the above listed folders and files. It contains only the following.

/bootmii/
/bootmii/armboot.bin
/bootmii/bootmii.ini
/bootmii/ppcboot.elf
startup.elf

I don't see try this 1st anywhere.

What's wrong? Someone please help!
someone else had this problem also, are you getting the rapidshare or mediafire rar file?

the medifire one works with me.

Darkmatter5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mediafire is the one I have and it's only a file named cboot2.rar.

rapidshare can only be downloaded 10 times and has reached it's max. Can you email me the appropriate rar file/s I need?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Darkmatter5 said:
mediafire is the one I have and it's only a file named cboot2.rar.

rapidshare can only be downloaded 10 times and has reached it's max. Can you email me the appropriate rar file/s I need?
no i cant, but apparently Amarokz changed the download link..
theres nothing i can do about that except make my own email forwarder.

Darkmatter5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point in the modding process of your guide will I screw anything up if I were to shut the Wii down? I'm basically sitting in the HBC stuck on this step of your guide. So can I go back to the System Menu or shut down the Wii at this point, without something completely messing up?

The Wii has the latest update installed, I guess 4.2 or whatever just came out and I was only able to install Bootmii as an IOS. At this point am I okay? I'm just asking, because what if I can't get a hold of the right rar file with the right files in it tonight? will I be able to continue from here in the morning or whenever I get the right rar file?

Thanks for your help!!

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Darkmatter5 said:
At this point in the modding process of your guide will I screw anything up if I were to shut the Wii down? I'm basically sitting in the HBC stuck on this step of your guide. So can I go back to the System Menu or shut down the Wii at this point, without something completely messing up?

The Wii has the latest update installed, I guess 4.2 or whatever just came out and I was only able to install Bootmii as an IOS. At this point am I okay? I'm just asking, because what if I can't get a hold of the right rar file with the right files in it tonight? will I be able to continue from here in the morning or whenever I get the right rar file?

Thanks for your help!!
dont worry i got you.

for everyone else i just set up a new email address with the correct file.

[email protected]

Darkmatter5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got to the DOP-IOS v8 part of the guide.

I pressed right till IOS53
I pressed A to select yes and sig hash check

On the screen it now says

Downloading Title 00000001-00000035 v5149.....
TMD... (from SD) Done
Ticket... (from SD) Done
Content 1/14 ID: 00000013.... (from SD) Done
Content 14/14 ID: 00000015.... (from SD) Done

and it's just sitting there. How do I get it to continue, so I can do the same thing for IOS55 and IOS70?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls