Gaming Help with Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse Game-Breaking Glitch

YuseiGo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title suggests, I have a game breaking glitch that's preventing me from continuing the story. What's worse, I can't access my DLC until I've completed the game, AND I CAN'T NOW!
The glitch is in the Cosmic Egg, fifth floor. Way too far into the game to really restart without any feeling of loss. I opened a gateway, yet when I go to it, it says its closed. I'm going to assume that I'm F*cked. At that point, I'd be grateful if anyone could supply me with a save game file at this specific event. Or any advise what to do in my own save would be best. I'm getting relatively pissed at this game. Its starting to look more and more like I have to restart, and I have this feeling in my gut that its going to give me this glitch again even if I restart. I really don't want to have to redo all my effort. Any suggestions?

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As the title suggests, I have a game breaking glitch that's preventing me from continuing the story. What's worse, I can't access my DLC until I've completed the game, AND I CAN'T NOW!
The glitch is in the Cosmic Egg, fifth floor. Way too far into the game to really restart without any feeling of loss. I opened a gateway, yet when I go to it, it says its closed. I'm going to assume that I'm F*cked. At that point, I'd be grateful if anyone could supply me with a save game file at this specific event. Or any advise what to do in my own save would be best. I'm getting relatively pissed at this game. Its starting to look more and more like I have to restart, and I have this feeling in my gut that its going to give me this glitch again even if I restart. I really don't want to have to redo all my effort. Any suggestions?
Been a while since I've played Apoc, but I seem to remember having this issue and then just figuring out that I didn't really know where to go. Are you sure it's a glitch and that's not just where you're supposed to go? Not trying to be condescending, it's just that SMT games have a bit of a tendency to make you feel lost.

YuseiGo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been a while since I've played Apoc, but I seem to remember having this issue and then just figuring out that I didn't really know where to go. Are you sure it's a glitch and that's not just where you're supposed to go? Not trying to be condescending, it's just that SMT games have a bit of a tendency to make you feel lost.
Looked up tutorial after tutorial. It seems they did the exact same thing as me but it let them through. There are some posts about this glitch as well. Doesn't seem to be any new answers so I tried my luck here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I thought the same as you, but it shows the door open wide, yet pressing on it only shows the "This door is shut tight" message.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Looked up tutorial after tutorial. It seems they did the exact same thing as me but it let them through. There are some posts about this glitch as well. Doesn't seem to be any new answers so I tried my luck here.

I thought the same as you, but it shows the door open wide, yet pressing on it only shows the "This door is shut tight" message.
Send your save file over, I'll take a look for you if you want.

YuseiGo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
23RPsMJ.jpg

Here's a pic I found on a post

Also this:
https://nintenpedia.com/getting-passed-locked-door-cosmic-eggs-fifth-floor-smt4a/
Follow past green arrow

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks. I can't seem to find the offset but maybe that will work.

Since I can't send files through PM here's the speedfly plugin I used:
Uhh the plugin loaded but Select isn't opening the menu; how do you activate?

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'll post the instructions in any case for anyone else with this issue (coming from Google or whatever):

- Download this plugin: http://www.speedfly.cn/12594.html
- Activate plugin #15
- Press L+R+Up
- Open Key Items menu
- Open the door

Note this will wreck your key items bag and add in a bunch of junk data (and I don't know what other ramifications exist because of this) but it is a fix for this issue.

OP, I'll upload your save momentarily.

The save please!
Here you go. There was one line of dialogue when the door opened, but other than that I didn't do anything else.

Attachments

• Yusei_Fixed.zip
    21.3 KB · Views: 0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao