Hacking Help with SD boot

NinFun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have hacked my 4.3 Wii using this video-guide:

The internal memory is not enough for my titles (wad). I want to load WiiWare titles from the SD card (without excisting in the system/moved to the SD). Could you please explain me how to do it? :(

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You might take a look at a neek2o setup. It's the most reliable method now with the highest compatibility.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No. Nintendo's way of "running the wiiware from SD" really temporary copies it to the wii's internal memory first.

Gotta +1 obcd's post. Haven't tried uniloader, but from the look of that tutorial Magsor mentions, neek2o is easier to setup (just run modmii...it'll get you all the files).

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
While I appreciate Sorgelig's work those days, it's based upon an older revision of neek and seriously outdated.
Pretty much all stuff he accomplished is nowadays possible with neek2o as well. As Wever is saying, modmii can guide in a neek2o setup.
If you run into problems with the tutorial setup, you are on your own.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking for something that doesn'tinvolve emulating Wii NAND. Is there any way?

Given your statement above, the best method for you would be to invest in a large SD card,move your wiiware titles to SD and launch them via the SD menu.
This requires a patched sysmenu IOS - but no NAND emulation at all.
Bear in mind what wever said in #5 - you will need to leave enough 'free blocks' of wii system memory as the wiiware simply loads via this when launched from SD. (400 'blocks' is sufficient)
:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple