Help With RetroArch ReiCast Core (Sega Naomi)

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by mightymo77, Nov 8, 2018.

1. mightymo77
    OP

mightymo77 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2011
    United States
    Hyrule
    Hey everyone. I need some guidance with RetroArch. I know how to set it up properly. I have Nintendo consoles, Sega consoles, NES, Atari, etc all running fine. I really want to get Sega Naomi games running, using the Reicast core. The problem that I'm having is that when I scan my Naomi ROMs directory, it doesn't create a playlist (.lpl) file. I'm thinking that maybe I have a bad ROM set? They look correct based on what I've read, they are the .bin / .lst set. This is what I have tried:

1) Obtained a pack of 111 ROM folders, each containing a .bin, .lst, .eeprom, .nvmem file (12 of the .bin are .dat files for some reason).
    2) In RetroArch I downloaded the Reicast core
    3) I have the correct BIOS file, renamed it to naomi_boot.bin and placed it in \RetroArch\system\dc\
    4) I scanned the directory full of the 111 folders

It's not creating a playlist, and therefore Naomi is not showing up in RetroArch. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. mightymo77
    OP

mightymo77 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2011
    United States
    Hyrule
    So the issue is that RetroArch cannot scan a directory and create a lst file for Naomi yet. You have to go to Main Menu > Load Content > browse to .bin file.