Gaming Help with psx eboots

Hedgehogofchaos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have made the eboots using ice tea 1.0 and when i load them with pops the screen goes black and then my psp shuts of I was just wondering how to play them.
my firmware is 5.00 M33-3

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
REcently Sony released a new firmware that makes it so that psx eboots don't work. Hackers, chiefly "Arm the Homeless" figured out that it was necessary to preform a physical demodulation of the flange widgets on the mem pro duo. When demodulating a mem pro duo, it is usually best to use a #7 demodulator, but some brands, depending on the ancoticity of the memory card bloc technology may use a higher demod. number. I'd ask someone else for a more through explanation.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
midna25 said:
REcently Sony released a new firmware that makes it so that psx eboots don't work. Hackers, chiefly "Arm the Homeless" figured out that it was necessary to preform a physical demodulation of the flange widgets on the mem pro duo. When demodulating a mem pro duo, it is usually best to use a #7 demodulator, but some brands, depending on the ancoticity of the memory card bloc technology may use a higher demod. number. I'd ask someone else for a more through explanation.

HUH WUT!?
blink.gif

WHAT KINDA USLESS ANSWER IS THAT!?

5.00 M33-3 works fine if you want to make PSX EBOOTS I suggest using PSX2PSP v.1.4.2 but you will need to find a working version of HOT SHOTS GOLF 2 psx eboot to add the files from that to the FILES folder of PSX2PSP you will need to rename the HOT SHOTS 2 eboot file EBOOT.PBP to BASE.PBP and then you will be able to create your own EBOOTS from PSX iso/image files
smile.gif

the rest is pretty much figure it out its not that difficult
smile.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Another answer would be to use imgburn to make the ISO, I tried using..... I forgot, what I remember is the PBP didn't work, I searched on the internet and it may be caused by bad ISO converted into PBP, which automatically makes them doesn't work

I use PSX2PSP GUI, works like a charm and is so user-friendly even a newb like me can make a PBP at once
tongue.gif
and no, it doesn't require any new stuff, my PSX2PSP rar included trimmed version of the base.pbp, do you have to get that Hotshots golf 2 by yourself?

Did you make the ISO yourself?

If so:
-Do other ISOs made with your choice program work before?
-If so, check whether does your disc is scratched or not, a simple scratch can decide an ISO's fate, works or not
-If the other ISOs don't work too, use imgburn, this free program is guaranteed to create a great ISO for PBP conversion

Did you find the ISO on the internet?
If so:
-Find another source of download, with another file, having a digfferent source with teh same file is worthless
-Try to make the ISO yourself, it's a sure-fire way to make sure you're doing everything right

Are you using a popsloader?
If so:
-Try to use the default emulator rather than the older popsloader, usually it works like a charm
-Try to use another version of posploader, preferably an older one, some games are known to work best with older version of popsloader, but majority works better with the newest emulator

Do other games from the same source (yourself or the internet) works but not this one?
If so:
-Check whether is this particular game a problematic one or not, for example is Brave Fencer Musashiden, it needs PAL region to work, Parasite Eve 2 needs another Game ID to work better, so does FF8

If evry ther thing fails, ask yourself this question:
-Is this a PSX game afterall?
biggrin.gif
since PS2 games will never work on PSP
tongue.gif

Also, what is the name of the game you're trying to play?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
kobykaan said:
midna25 said:

HUH WUT!?
blink.gif

WHAT KINDA USLESS ANSWER IS THAT!?

5.00 M33-3 works fine if you want to make PSX EBOOTS I suggest using PSX2PSP v.1.4.2 but you will need to find a working version of HOT SHOTS GOLF 2 psx eboot to add the files from that to the FILES folder of PSX2PSP you will need to rename the HOT SHOTS 2 eboot file EBOOT.PBP to BASE.PBP and then you will be able to create your own EBOOTS from PSX iso/image files
smile.gif

the rest is pretty much figure it out its not that difficult
smile.gif
Look here, you'll know.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114702&hl

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You also no longer need the BASE.PBP file any more....it was removed as an absolute requirement long, long ago by the inclusion of the DATA file. It's therefore optional whether you have it or not.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
If you have popsloader working correctly, this shouldn't be happening... Install popsloader, look up the correct pops firmware version for your game, make sure the eboot has been made correctly, and everything will be fine.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
i had the same issue as you with ff7 and all i did was instead of creating an iso file i created a cue/bin file and it solved my problem
hope this helps

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The creation of PSX eboot's has variables which determine some games compatibility which are seldom mentioned. The programs that you use to rip your original discs and then to convert the image to eboot have a significant effect upon some games. That's why downloading ready made eboot's is a bad idea for optimum compatibility because you have no idea of how they've been made.

kazuki_pl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
@first post

i dont know how anyone can have any popsloader based problems while using 5.00 m33-3... this soft is almost perfect ( all eboots that were epically failing on 4.01 m33-3 works like gold now... for example BoF4 or SRWAG ), all you need to have is a full pops package. and for converting games i suggest Simple PopStationGui

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM