Debojit Goswami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi Folks,

I have a Nintendo 3ds XL (NTSC) with Ver. 11.0.0-33U firmware installed. I am using a R5 card with 10 games installed on it including ORAS. I tried to write Pokemon X on an another 16 GB Sandisk SD card and when inserted in the R5 the game icon flashes on the home screen and then goes away and it keeps doing it. I f I press A to play the game the Nintendo 3DS logo appears and then says Game Card is not inserted. I have tried to download the ROM from different websites but that didn't helped. I am using diskwriter v105 with the latest template file. The games on another sdcard works just fine with the same R5 card. I have also tried different SD cards but to no avail. Kindly help or suggest a workaround for the same.

Posting a video link as well for better understanding of this issue!!

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Your Card is a sky3ds red button clone and it has a game limit of 10 games. The card itself write it permanently on to the built in flash chip to know which games are installed. If you install a 11th game then this happens what you describe.

Either buy a different flash card or hold onto the workarounds which do exist. You can try pushing the changegame button many times before the game switches away. This needs the right timing and won't always work on 1st try.

I myself have developed a perma workaround but it just works with only one game per microsd and is not user friendly. I didn't program a tool for it because it didn't get public interest.

Last edited by GothicIII,

Debojit Goswami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
This might help: https://gbatemp.net/entry/why-you-should-not-buy-a-sky3ds-k3ds-and-r5-sdch-plus-updates.10607/

Concidering the card is a clone I wouldn't expect it to work as the original should

Thanks for the suggestion, sky3ds and gateway aren't available in India. Even, if I get it somehow the price can burn a hole in your pocket! Will try and see to get another r5 and check. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your Card is a sky3ds red button clone and it has a game limit of 10 games. The card itself write it permanently on to the built in flash chip to know which games are installed. If you install a 11th game then this happens what you describe.

Either buy a different flash card or hold onto the workarounds which do exist. You can try pushing the changegame button many times before the game switches away. This needs the right timing and won't always work on 1st try.

I myself have developed a perma workaround but it just works with only one game per microsd and is not user friendly. I didn't program a tool for it because it didn't get public interest.

I have not changed the contents of the 1st SD card with 10 games on it as I got it from the vendor itself when I bought the device. However, since the card came with ORAS and not X & Y, though of writing the games on my own and hence got another 16 GB of sandisk sd card. Since, you mentioned that the card writes it permanently on to the built in flash chip I guess my only chance is to get another r5! But, I would be really thankful if you can post some workarounds or your method before I spend a huge amount in buying a r5 as in India these are super expensive! Thanks for your help. :)

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the suggestion, sky3ds and gateway aren't available in India. Even, if I get it somehow the price can burn a hole in your pocket! Will try and see to get another r5 and check. :)

These guys are based in thailand, but I'm relatively sure they ship to europe and asia, either way it's definitely worth looking at

gateway
http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/product_info.php?cPath=55&products_id=433

sky blue button
http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/product_info.php?cPath=55&products_id=437

ps. Only get a gateway if you have a fw version <11.0.0-33

edit: they're also currently out of stock on there, so it may or may not take a little while for them to receive new stock (they probably backorder them after you order one? I'm not sure)

Last edited by DrunkenMonk,
Reactions: Debojit Goswami

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country

I have not changed the contents of the 1st SD card with 10 games on it as I got it from the vendor itself when I bought the device. However, since the card came with ORAS and not X & Y, though of writing the games on my own and hence got another 16 GB of sandisk sd card. Since, you mentioned that the card writes it permanently on to the built in flash chip I guess my only chance is to get another r5! But, I would be really thankful if you can post some workarounds or your method before I spend a huge amount in buying a r5 as in India these are super expensive! Thanks for your help. :)

Seeing the price of a real one: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=580
(Just showing you a link of where you could get one but as you see the price is not an attractive one) You might as well go the CFW route

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

You can look up gbatemp I posted all details about it a year ago or so. Try reading again my post you quoted I already described a workaround. Have fun :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1