Help with Pokemon Platinum on Acekard 2.1

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Titomon, Aug 13, 2010.

Aug 13, 2010
  1. Titomon
    OP

Newcomer Titomon Newbie

United States
    Hello im pretty new here but looking around i see the community is very helpful so i am asking for help [​IMG]
    I got my acekard a week ago and the reason i bought it was to play pokemon so i got a platinum rom and tried to play it but it was really laggy especial in the bag... i had been looking every were for a fix and today i decided to get a japanese rom and guess what it worked perfectly with no lag... but i dont understand japanese so i was wondering if any one could find an english patch or if not help resolve my lag problem with the us rom. oh and yeah for some wierd reason it lags on pokemon pearl but not diamond hmmm.... i did get clean rom dumps from a friend the acekard runs pretty much all games perfectly exept for pearl and platinum....if anyone could help i woul be happy thank you

2. SgtThom

Member SgtThom GBAtemp Regular

United States

It might be a problem with your memory card or the US ROM is a bad dump.Try disabling cheats if you have enabled or reformat your card.If that doesn't work try to find a clean rom of the game.

3. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Make sure you're using AKAIO 1.7.1, they fixed Platinum lag a long time ago. Delete your __ak2 folder and old akmenu4.nds and copy over the __aio folder and new akmenu4.nds

4. Titomon
    OP

Newcomer Titomon Newbie

United States
    Well i updated to 1.7.1 and got a dump from a friend and no luck... it might be the micro sd card like SGThom said ill try to find one.

5. AceKard2i_n00b

Newcomer AceKard2i_n00b Member

United States
    Try running Pokemon Platinum on AKAIO 1.4 Repack, as I am doing currently. Get your Roms off a trusted site.

6. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Why in the world are you still on 1.4? (Unless you're using a clone, in which that suggestion is completely useless as the OP is not running a clone)

Okay so I know this may be against what you want but you're going to have to find Platinum dump online because it sounds to me like a bad dump.

7. Titomon
    OP

Newcomer Titomon Newbie

United States
    Ok so ive tried almost every US rom i can find i even tried a spanish and french rom ( i know both languages...) but it seems that they all lag except... the Japanese rom ive tried to patch it and after i do it runs but guess what it lags exactly the same as all the other roms... can any one help me find a good english patch for the japanese rom?

8. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Quick fyi, the US rom has a bug in the online trading center where the level requirements for the trade are not shown. The EU rom does not have this issue, and is also in english, so I recommend trying that version.

9. Titomon
    OP

Newcomer Titomon Newbie

United States
    wow thanks for that info i was going to trade tommorow darn...

10. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's the SD card. I had the same problem, in the menus it was hopeless. Get a better SD and you will find the entire game will feel quicker. A quick way to test is use an old 1 or 2gb SD (if you have one) and test that. The smaller cards have much faster random access despite having a slower throughput speed.

11. Eclipse42

Newcomer Eclipse42 Member

United States
    Actually, from the AKAIO wiki here on GBATemp:

3541 - Pokemon Platinum Version (U) :: Problems?; Hold X to boot the old DMA mode. GTS won't work unless you boot it in normal mode(Hold A when loading game)

So doing the hold-A-while-loading thing will fix the GTS issue.

12. AceKard2i_n00b

United States
    Clone. But honestly, I don't know why people are bashing on the clones. They work on 1.4U and run ROMS, and even go on WFC! Sure, it can't load up Insde Story, but OWN it. And I'm not interested in HG or SS until get all the Gym Badges in Platinum. So I saved 7 bucks buy buying a clone. w00t.

Anyway, have you tried official firware? Honestly, I would never run it, but you can try.

13. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Maybe because they don't run the lastest games? Good job you aren't interested in HG or SS, as it won't run them.

14. AceKard2i_n00b

United States
    I know, as I was referring to that. Not interested in latest games. HG and SS are much better with the PokeWalker. Can't run that on AceKard...

15. Titomon
    OP

Newcomer Titomon Newbie

United States
    Soo it was the sd card.... i had an old 1gb laying around i put akaiko 1.7.1 and pokemon platinum and it ran nearly perfectly. I guess going for more memory ended up being a waste of money as a 1gb works better i guess ill just use the 1gb for pokemon and nothing else...

16. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I keep trying to tell everyone lagging and stuttering issues are always the SD card. They never believe an old fart. *dramatic sigh*.

If you were in Europe I could give you some tips on buying an 8gb card. It doesn't look as if the US have the same variety of cards as we have over here. You need find SD cards with around .5 - .6 ms access time.