TyrantGer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just recently bought a Wii (3.2E), modded it with the Twilight hack and installed SoftMii and Preloader 0.28. Everything works, I can play emulators in the Homebrew Channel and some of my Gamecube backups work from the Disc Channel and I use Wiigator's GC launcher for the ones that don't.

BUT, I've downloaded and burned Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen (Fatal Frame 4) to a DVD-R. It shows up in the Disc Channel, but when I load it, I get a black screen and the Wii remote turns off. However, if I boot into Preloader and turn on FORCE REGION and FORCE REGION 2, the game loads from the Disc Channel, but my retail games don't load at all - black screen and Wii remote turns off.

Is there a way to get both of them to work without having to enable/disable FORCE REGION and FORCE REGION 2 all the time?

Many thanks in advance.

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
TyrantGer said:
I've just recently bought a Wii (3.2E), modded it with the Twilight hack and installed SoftMii and Preloader 0.28. Everything works, I can play emulators in the Homebrew Channel and some of my Gamecube backups work from the Disc Channel and I use Wiigator's GC launcher for the ones that don't.

BUT, I've downloaded and burned Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen (Fatal Frame 4) to a DVD-R. It shows up in the Disc Channel, but when I load it, I get a black screen and the Wii remote turns off. However, if I boot into Preloader and turn on FORCE REGION and FORCE REGION 2, the game loads from the Disc Channel, but my retail games don't load at all - black screen and Wii remote turns off.

Is there a way to get both of them to work without having to enable/disable FORCE REGION and FORCE REGION 2 all the time?

Many thanks in advance.

Fatal Frame was a pain in the arse to get working, I had seen no information/Barely any information on how to get it to work. I searched and when I posted a topic nobody seemed to answer with anything usefull. It was frustrating, with luck after patching it to IOS249 (I think it was 249) it got rid of the black screen after the controls screen and the game worked. I didn't have to force NTSC or JAP language and it ran just fine on a DVD-R in Gamma 0.3 on my 3.2E machine. So my advice is to find IOS Patcher and patch it to IOS249 and reburn. It should then play fine, although the language barrier did hit me a bit and make the game seem less than it could have but dont worry, it is still scary
tongue.gif

Good luck

TyrantGer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply Ben.

Yeah, I've used Gamma 0.3 before I found out that SoftMii could play backups from the Disc Channel. FF4 plays perfectly on it, but it's a pain to have to use that all the time, imo. I want to be able to load the game directly from the Disc Channel (Like a retail game) as well as being able to load my retail games.

BTW, it never gave me a black screen after the controls screen, even when I used Gamma 0.3. That's weird, but at least you managed to fix it!
smile.gif

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ya.. ive found some games do not work when loading via disc channel...

for those games i load them via softchip or gamma loader..

TyrantGer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Valgreen said:

LOL, I don't think you get what I'm talking about!

When I enable FORCE REGION and FORCE REGION 2 in Preloader, the backup loads and I can play it, yet I can't play my retail games - Twilight Princess, for example.

If I disable FORCE REGION and FORCE REGION 2, then I can play my retail games but the backup (Which shows up on the Disc Channel) doesn't work when I click on START - the Wii remote goes off and I get a black screen.

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
TyrantGer said:
Valgreen said:

When I enable FORCE REGION and FORCE REGION 2 in Preloader, the backup loads and I can play it, yet I can't play my retail games - Twilight Princess, for example.

If I disable FORCE REGIN and FORCE REGION 2, then I can play my retail games but the backup (Which shows up on the Disc Channel) doesn't work when I click on START - the Wii remote goes off and I get a black screen.

Hmmm, I wonder if the Game needs patching to PAL. This is only guess work. I'd try patching it to PAL. Good luck and I hope someone can help.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TyrantGer said:
Valgreen said:

If I disable FORCE REGIN and FORCE REGION 2, then I can play my retail games but the backup (Which shows up on the Disc Channel) doesn't work when I click on START - the Wii remote goes off and I get a black screen.

i completely understand what your talking about, and the solutions to your problems are to load those games FROM THE BACKUP LOADERS IE SOFTCHIP AND GAMMA and FORCE your REGION within those loaders.

some games do NOT WORK VIA DISC CHANNEL if you do NOT force via preloader, which in turn fucks up your loading of your legit games. THEREFOR you MUST LOAD those games via the loaders....

im sorry if i didnt spell out everything for you... but i assumed you would get the gist of what i was saying....

and use softchip.. it works great...

and if you really cannot sort this out, then download only games from YOUR REGION!! .. save yourself the headaches of messing with this ...or you could go the legit way and actually purchase your games..

TyrantGer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Valgreen said:
i completely understand what your talking about, and the solutions to your problems are to load those games FROM THE BACKUP LOADERS IE SOFTCHIP AND GAMMA and FORCE your REGION within those loaders.

some games do NOT WORK VIA DISC CHANNEL if you do NOT force via preloader, which in turn fucks up your loading of your legit games. THEREFOR you MUST LOAD those games via the loaders....

im sorry if i didnt spell out everything for you... but i assumed you would get the gist of what i was saying....

and use softchip.. it works great...
I didn't know Preloader screws up retail games. Thank you.

Is Softchip better then Gamma 0.3?

QUOTE(Valgreen @ Apr 23 2009, 11:50 PM) and if you really cannot sort this out, then download only games from YOUR REGION!! .. save yourself the headaches of messing with this ...or you could go the legit way and actually purchase your games..
I do purchase my games. FF4 is my first (And last) Wii backup, hence my being here.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
softchip in my mind does work better than gamma, it is updated regularly so some of the newer games which sometimes have issues with gamma (madworld for example) usually work under softchip with no problems..

TyrantGer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I did a little experiment last night: I tried to play Smash Bros. Brawl and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles with FORCE REGION and FORCE REGION 2 enabled and they both play, but freeze when I try to go back to the system menu. Wii Sports and Twilight Princess don't work at all. FF4 works perfectly and I can even go back to the system menu.

Also, it seems that someone else is having the same problem. If it's a bug in Preloader, then I hope it gets sorted out.

Valgreen said:
softchip in my mind does work better than gamma, it is updated regularly so some of the newer games which sometimes have issues with gamma (madworld for example) usually work under softchip with no problems..
Ah, thanks. I'll give Softchip a try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all