Help with PIC Programming

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by sanchoquo, Sep 5, 2007.

1. sanchoquo
    OP

sanchoquo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2007
    Im attempting to build the DS LITE RUMBLE PACK here I plan to build it instead of buying one as I already own the GBA cart sized official rumble pack, and I have a my zelda case mod, and would like to fit it inside the ds lite gba dust cover, to save me having to remove it to use rumble, I have all the components, and have just ordered a PIC Programmer, and the PIC used in the article,
    however I have never Programmed a PIC before, the instructable has two downloadable files
    RUMBLE.HEX and DSRumble.asm, I have downloaded these, but what are they for? I understand that I must program the PIC with one of them, and I assume that is RUMBLE.HEX but if that is the case then what is the DSRumble.asm for?
    can anyone with a bit of knowledge and some spare time please give me some hints?
    Thank you
    Instructable below :
    http://www.instructables.com/id/E3YC2DDF4A5NQH0/?ALLSTEPS

2. sanchoquo
    OP

sanchoquo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2007
    Turns out google was my friend after all,
    I now understand that the asm file is assembled to create the hex file
    and the hex file is burned to the PIC
    sorry for the stupid post

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice