Gaming Help with PC Upgrade?

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my computers really old and outdated. I need to upgrade some stuff.
Here are my specs:
4gW4Y.png

Can you guys recommend anything? I want to be able to play games such as Skyrim, Tribes: Ascend, and TF2( at a better speed).
Thanks. Looking to spend lees than $220.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Honestly if you want to play Skyrim and the like you'll probably want to build a whole new PC yourself. Keep your current case and HD, of course, but buy a new motherboard that supports DDR3 RAM, buy at atleast 4GB of RAM, buy a newer processor (at least Dual Core and 2.8ghz or higher) and a new graphics card (Geforce 200 series and up). You could probably do all of this for about...$300-$400 if you can find good deals around Newegg. I built myself a fairly decent gaming PC for a little less than $400, so this shouldn't be too hard. I'd also suggest buying at least a 600w+ PSU if yours isn't already above 400w.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I did a search on google and apparently your motherboard Can only support 2 gb of ram.
You can upgrade the processor to a better one, but i don't really know which one, athlon 64 x2 6400+
​

EDIT: but yeah mostly it's your motherboard blocking you... you will need to get yourself some new gig that support ddr3 ram and a better processor, Get a good graphics card, etc.

EDIT@: @supergamr232 @Pinkie232 Why do you always ninja'd me T_T, HOW YOU DO THAT EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A penny spent on your rig is a penny not well spent.
I have a system comparable as yours and my advice is to switch back to windows XP you will get a performance increase on TF2.
You do what you want its your money but id say consoles are cheaper you can be playing skyrim for lees than 220$.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh god that hard drive.
My anime folder would be taking up a sizeable chunk of that alone...

Anyway, Pinkie pretty much covered everything useful to say.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dad and I built all of this from scratch back in 2006. It was pretty rad back then.
Any recommendations for a good Motherboard?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on the CPU you'll be getting. Pick out a CPU and then look for a motherboard. For CPU's, Intel i3, i5, or i7 would all be great for a CPU for the next few years. I personally have a dual core i3 running at around 3.1 ghz and it will run anything. The thing you should really be looking for is a newer GPU and better RAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.