Homebrew Help with OoT3DHax on Old 3DS version 11.0.0-33U

caim75421

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help figuring out the OoT3DHax on my old, original 3DS on version 11.0.0-33U

I downloaded the Homebrew Starter Kit from Smealum first and put it on the SD card in a "3ds" folder.

Followed instructions for OoT3DHax PowerSave Edition on gbatemp, so I have the installer files in the "3ds" folder as well.

It says the save file works for 11.0.0-33U but every time I start up the game and load the file, it either freezes completely or crashes back to the home screen with an error message.

So I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong, if the guide just no longer works for 11.0, or if I’m missing something that wasn’t mentioned at all. Smealum has a section for Otherapp/ropbin payloads, so I'm not sure if I need to do something with that as the guide never mentioned using it.

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
I need some help figuring out the OoT3DHax on my old, original 3DS on version 11.0.0-33U

I downloaded the Homebrew Starter Kit from Smealum first and put it on the SD card in a "3ds" folder.

Followed instructions for OoT3DHax PowerSave Edition on gbatemp, so I have the installer files in the "3ds" folder as well.

It says the save file works for 11.0.0-33U but every time I start up the game and load the file, it either freezes completely or crashes back to the home screen with an error message.

So I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong, if the guide just no longer works for 11.0, or if I’m missing something that wasn’t mentioned at all. Smealum has a section for Otherapp/ropbin payloads, so I'm not sure if I need to do something with that as the guide never mentioned using it.
Loading exploits isn't 100% guaranteed. Try until you succeed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And make sure boot.3dsx is in the root of the SD card

caim75421

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The boot.3dsx file is in the root and trying to load it again or deleting and readding all the files doesn't change anything.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The boot.3dsx file is in the root and trying to load it again or deleting and readding all the files doesn't change anything.
Make sure you added the correct Powersaves payload to your cartridge. The file name for an old 3DS on 11.0.0-33U (assuming your using it on a US system) is POST5_U_25600_usa_9221.bin. You can use the payload section on Smealum's site to find out the payload name you need from the Powersave images folder of yellows8's oothax zip.

Nintendo added randomization to oothax in the 11.0.0 update, so even launching the exploit is a chore in and of itself. It can work the first time or it can take several tries.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: caim75421

caim75421

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. The save files listed in the guide on gbatemp were just out of date and I got the new one and just managed to boot it up finally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs