Help with old R4 card for DS XL

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by ennovy, Mar 18, 2019.

1. ennovy
    OP

ennovy Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2019
    Norway
    Hi :yaynds: (sorry if there already is a thread for this)
    I just found my old R4 card for my DS XL (bought around 2008). My dad got it from a friend, and I have close to zero experience with these sort of things. I'd love to learn though.
    When I found the card I knew it wouldn't work, as it hasn't for the past five(?) years or so. The attachment shows the card I have. It used to work just fine, until I had to change the date to the wrong date to make it work, and some time later it stopped working completely. It says it can't find the card, which only happens with that card and not my other games. I tried my brothers card (same one) and the ds registered it but only brings me to a black screen and tells me an error has occurred and asks me to turn the device off.
    What could be wrong, and how do I fix it? If I have buy a new R4 card that's completely fine, I'm just unsure which one. If there is something I would have to update or something like that, I would love to learn how to do it.

I don't have my DS in front of me right now, but if you need any information about it, just ask (and optionally where I would find it :))

Attached Files:

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Yes it's called a shitty Chinese clone with a time bomb and shitty Rom compatability so best to buy new better cart

https://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

3. ennovy
    OP

ennovy Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2019
    Norway
    Oh, okay, thank you.

4. maorninja

maorninja GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Technically, all new R4s are considered cloned.

Try using NTR-Launcher

5. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    I love retards that lock onto one word

6. maorninja

maorninja GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    No need to be so rude. I can act just as rude back to you.

slaphappygamer likes this.
  7. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    Sadly, shadow is right. You are better off with the card he linked. It’s a great card and it’ll definitely support a high capacity micro sd card. I have the same card and it works between my dsi xl, 2ds xl, and nds lite. I even used it to hack my 2ds xl.