Hacking help with new softmod please!

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so i modded my wii using mauifrogs guide from wiihacks. it works fine with cfg loader and wiimc

but

i just modded my friends wii using the same method and im having problems with wiimc
frown.gif

it keeps crashing if i leave it in the wiimc menu for too long and i get the "exception DSI occurred" message and stack dump and code dump...

also, when im watching a movie file it plays fine but the cursor freezes and remote wont function. the clip keeps playing but i have no control over it and have to manually reset the console with the power button.

any ideas guys? whats the app i use to show my system info?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sounds like the network init. error caused if launched via the HBC with WiiMC's "no_ios_reload" tag in it's meta.xml, just remove the tag\argument and it should work fine (but it will also disable direct hardware access, so u won't be able to play discs). Alternatively, u can install an ahbprot enabled forwarder channel and launch it from there instead of the HBC

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
um...it doesnt look anything like it did when i did a syscheck on my console last time!

its asking me which IOS to test, im clicking all and its freezing on IOS9, how long should it take?

ok, im pretty sure its not doing anything, its stuck on "testing ios9 vulnerabilities..." and the remote wont do anything.

this sounds like my problem but im lost:

http://gbatemp.net/lofiversion/index.php?t258499.html

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
sounds like the network init. error caused if launched via the HBC with WiiMC's "no_ios_reload" tag in it's meta.xml, just remove the tag\argument and it should work fine (but it will also disable direct hardware access, so u won't be able to play discs). Alternatively, u can install an ahbprot enabled forwarder channel and launch it from there instead of the HBC

my friend needs to be able to play discs...worst case scenario i could swap my console with theirs as i dont use dvd's but id like to have both consoles playing dvd's if i can...

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrpinkeye said:
XFlak said:

my friend needs to be able to play discs...worst case scenario i could swap my console with theirs as i dont use dvd's but id like to have both consoles playing dvd's if i can...
either an ahbprot enabled forwarder channel as XFlak said or get that wii on a wireless network...simply switching wii's won't solve the problem

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well if one wii will play discs and the other wont thats ok, but they both need to play video files.

id still really like to get a syscheck up here but cant get past this ios9 vulnerabilities screen
frown.gif

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try downloading the beta6 from here...

i remember my wii having problems with syscheck sticking on a lower IOS number a long time ago...don't remember which it was, but i fixed it by deleting the IOS before or after (don't remember that either) the one which it froze on... (i don't really want to be recommending deleting IOSes though)....

definitely try the link first...

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
with my working softmod i can take the sd card out whilst in HBC and replace it and HBC loads the tabs for me...with this new softmod it wont load them, i have to reboot the console

dont know if that means anything or nothing but thought id mention it!

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
brausm08 said:
try downloading the beta6 from here...

i remember my wii having problems with syscheck sticking on a lower IOS number a long time ago...don't remember which it was, but i fixed it by deleting the IOS before or after (don't remember that either) the one which it froze on... (i don't really want to be recommending deleting IOSes though)....

definitely try the link first...

tryed the link, im still getting stuck at IOS9

the only 2 things i did on my console that i havent done this time were IOS53-64-v5663 and Hermes V4 Installer...does that make any difference?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't think Hermes v4 or IOS53 would be relatd to the syschk problem....

i looked in my wii, i have 3, 4, 10, and 11 deleted (among a few others)...those IOSes are all mothbolled or stubs from very early system menus.... IOS9 , on the other hand, is used for some early games....

EDIT: 3, 4, and 10 are not even available for download via ModMii...11 is available as a patched system menu IOS....

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, iv just tryed another dvd...it gives me the same "exception DSI occurred" message and stack dump and code dump...it also doesnt sound good when the disc spins.

i did check the serial number LEH13436042 (1) and thought it was old enough to play dvds???

iv tryed a video file that i know worked fine on my console and it seems to be ok on the new console, iv then tryed the video file that wasnt working earlier (made wiimc functions freeze but kept playing the video) and that also seems to work fine now...

i'll try a few more video files but are dvds never going to work? also a bit concerned about syscheck not working, how could i fix it?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have the wii on a wireless network? ...are you launching wiimc from a forwarder?

...either of those fix your wiimc problems....(as mentioned earlier)

use MMM -> IOS Manager and see which IOSes you have installed....delete IOS 10 and i bet your syscheck problems go away....

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
brausm08 said:
do you have the wii on a wireless network? ...are you launching wiimc from a forwarder?

...either of those fix your wiimc problems....(as mentioned earlier)

use MMM -> IOS Manager and see which IOSes you have installed....delete IOS 10 and i bet your syscheck problems go away....

its not on a network and im launching it from HBC. i could connect it to my wireless router..what would i do then?

in IOS manager now...10, 51 and 52 are white...it says mothballed for 10. how do i delete it? the minus button isnt doing anything

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is there a way to start over? i just changed a few apps and now wiimc is back to freezing on video files and crashing randomly
frown.gif

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrpinkeye said:
in IOS manager now...10, 51 and 52 are white...it says mothballed for 10. how do i delete it? the minus button isnt doing anything
white means nothing is installed in that slot.... you could try installing to that slot (you should be able to install to that slot with MMM if you're connected to the internet)

...or you can start over...i suggest Modmii (link in my sig)....i'll be surprised if it fixes the issues though....

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why your ios9 is freezing in the syscheck, but it is not a big issue and should not be related to your issue with wiimc. FYI if you remove the sd card from HBC and it does not auto reload it, you can press 1 on the wiimote and select the sd-card. You probably have a fat32 hd attached possibly and it is switching over to the hd when your remove the sd card.

You can load MMM, delete ios4, ios9, and ios10. Then run syscheck again. You should not be having issues following the guide, I just tested syscheck and it ran without a hitch. I should have all the same ios as you. Delete ios4, 9, 10, run syscheck and see if it completes. If it still does not complete, I think I would try reinstalling ios58.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes! that worked. thankyou (and thanks for the info, i must sound like a total noob but i jus wanna mention everything thats different this time in case it helps!) heres the syscheck, what have i done wrong!?

sysCheck v2.1.0b6 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.0/4.1E (v54450)
Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 47910100
Boot2 v2
Found 73 titles.
Found 45 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stub.

IOS11 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 1032): NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 1032): NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 1032): NAND Access
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 1294): NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1807): NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 3608): NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 3608): NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 3608): NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): NAND Access
IOS38 (rev 4124): NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): NAND Access
IOS43 (rev 3607): NAND Access
IOS45 (rev 3607): NAND Access
IOS46 (rev 3607): NAND Access
IOS48 (rev 4124): NAND Access
IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): NAND Access
IOS55 (rev 5663): NAND Access
IOS56 (rev 5662): NAND Access
IOS57 (rev 5919): NAND Access
IOS58 (rev 6176): NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): NAND Access
IOS70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, USB 2.0
IOS223[38] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[38] (rev 17): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v65535

Report generated on 2011/04/10.

also, does my serial number suggest dvd's will work? i thought the drive being made in 2006 indicated it would and although it loads them it doesnt sound good then crashes whenever i try...the Wii has a RVL-001(EUR) model number and is produced for the European market. The copyright year is 2006.

DVD drive and chipset features
Your drive most likely has the following chipset:
There is a 50% chance the chipset is GC2-D2B with cut pins and missing third pad.
And there is also a 25% chance the chipset is GC2R-D2A.
Lastly, a 25% chance the chipset is GC2-D2B with cut pins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [changes you from AM to PM] Done :)