OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, how can I understand and study the neogamma source code? Is there any site that analize the code or explain how the loader works?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no site to analyze the code. the best way to learn is to just make a change and compile it and run your dol and see what your changes make on the wii. start by changing little things like text color and then work your way up to changing the game booting and workflow.

google helps with basic c coding that is not specifically about the wii (strings and arrays and stuff). also look into the source for libogc for help understanding what some of the functions used in neogamma actually do.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you would mod WAD Manager or AnyTitle Deleter, there would be a chance you brick your Wii. I can't imagine a way to brick a wii with a change in NeoGamma.

There's dolphin (wii emulator), but i think it does not work correctly with homebrew .dols and i'm sure it wouldn't emulatre a loader correctly.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Look in apploader.c. Acutally NeoGamma's code for that got quite complicated now. For starters, you could look how the latest Gecko OS 1.07b mod from me launches games, that's a lot simpler and contains everything that is required to load games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr