Hardware Help with my Wiimote...

Gifted1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, some reason my wiimote is acting up... or at least I THINK it's my wiimote. For some reason now when I point my wiimote to the sensor bar, the cursor on the screen is really shaky (like it hops all over the screen). The only way i can kind of fix it is bring the sensor closer to were I sit when i play my games. I never had a problem with it until yesterday. Even when i bring the sensor close to where I sit, the cursor on the screen is still a tiny bit shaky but it still annoys me a little. Everything use to be smooth. Any idea what the problem is?

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is it literally jumping ALL over the screen? or just shaking within a small area? if its jumping ALL over the screen, then it might be broken (the sensor bar OR the wiiremote.) if its shaky in a small area, then its probably the sensor bar placement or the bar itself.

one thing I can recommend that you do to tell which one it is is to try another wiiremote. if it does the same thing then its the bar, if it works fine then its the wii remote.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
make sure nothing is reflecting the IR light from the sensor bar. I have a small table with a glass top between my couch and TV and the cursor sometimes gets jittery

Gifted1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Guys.

Osaka, yes it's jumping all over the screen. I did drop my sensor once but that was like a month ago and I didn't have a problem after that until just now. I only have 1 Wiimote but I'm gonna purchase another one when I go buy Mario Galaxy on release day then I will test it out and see if it does it on the new wiimote. Until then I guess I will just mess around with the sensitivity option in the wii settings and see if maybe that would work. Thanks for your help guys.

Gifted1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go buy it at Toy's R Us, they're giving a $25 gift card with the purchase of SMG the week of release.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=28715

ohmy.gif
Oh shit. Thanks. Then I can use the gift card on a new wiimote. Thank you very much
bow.gif

Taras thank you soooooo much. I switched it from bottom of TV to top (even though it's at neither) and it works now. My cursur doesnt shake anymore
bow.gif
Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I get a mig switch in the mail today