Help with my video quality! [Making 3DS hardmod tutrials soon!]

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by sweis12, May 9, 2016.

?

Do you think that the quality needs improvement?

Poll closed May 16, 2016.
  1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No it does not!

100.0%
  1. sweis12
    OP

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    I am going to start releasing a couple different hardmod tutorials soon for the n3DS xl.
    I really want my videos to stand out, go the most in depth, and be the most helpful on the internet. Even if I don't end up getting many views.Here is a link to my test video. If you have any suggestions for how to improve the quality please tell me!(And by hardmod I mean more than just nand mods!) Currently, its just my phone on a tripod though(Although the video should be in 4k if I set everything up properly!). I am waiting for a few items I have ordered to come in the mail!

Thanks, all feedback is appropriated, and you can expect the videos sometime whiten the next week!

Last edited by sweis12, May 9, 2016
    Alex3dss, Emenaria and NekoMichi like this.
  2. cots

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Your video quality is excellent. However, you might want to see if you can get rid of the lights shining right down on the 3DS as they are a distraction.

3. sweis12
    OP

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Alright, thank you. I can turn off the lights above the table I am recording on, but the led on the phone needs to be on because it turns grainy without it. Plus, once inside the 3ds everything should be a lot less reflective. :P

4. shadowofdarkness

shadowofdarkness GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2007
    Canada
    One suggestion is to hide your serial number.

5. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Video quality is optimal, there shouldn't be any problems with clarity. Your audio and voice/accent is clear too, which is a huge plus because many tutorials on YouTube have difficult to understand voiceovers where I couldn't tell if they said "go to solder point 3" or "throw 3DS into the sea". As for the lighting, you could try to use a diffuse filter to reduce the glare, this could be something as simple as a lampshade with a translucent covering. When you get inside the 3DS though, I suggest you use a locked focus mode on your camera and keep the 3DS a fixed distance away from the camera lens (probably by keeping it on the table and avoiding lifting the unit closer to the camera), since this will ensure the insides of the 3DS will stay in focus throughout the procedure.

Otherwise, I very much look forward to learning more from your tutorials soon! :)

Last edited by NekoMichi, May 10, 2016
    cots likes this.
  6. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    I think the light is pretty intense compared to the background, but the the audio and video quality in general is excellent.

I'm watching this thread!

7. sweis12
    OP

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    20160510_160251.jpg

I received the 1st of 3 items for the hard mod trilogy.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will fix the lighting and will set up the manual focus once i'm inside the DS! :)

NekoMichi likes this.
  8. Dennis G

Dennis G GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    unsoldering the stuff on the jettech can be a pain, good luck =) oh and you will need a switch for the jet. you can't just solder two wires together to enable it permanently, if you do that for some reason the 3ds will poweroff when closing the lid, like falling out, you could make a hole in the bottom plate for pressing the button, but i'd suggest doing that just for the led light and closing it with hot glue and move the switch somewhere else

9. Emenaria

Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    I'd really appreciate this tutorial because I think I just hardbricked my main N3DS(with A9LH installed) by accidentally updating it to 11.0 on "GW Sysnand Mode". I think I should have updated Sysnand on "Luma3DS CFW" but it's too late...
    I looked for a hardmod tutorial on Youtube but couldn't find a good one... so I'm really counting on you.

10. Dennis G

Dennis G GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    ther are good tutorials on this forum with loads of picture's and that works better then a video with hard mod trust me, a video cam will not capture good what places you need to solder

11. sweis12
    OP

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis

Here is the first video. I started with something very simple. A psp c-stick replacement that doesn't damage the old one. Please give me more suggestions :)
    I want the NAND mod and the Bluetooth mod to be perfect.

12. cots

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    This is awesome. I can't wait to see your NAND video.