Help with my usb

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by camochase, Oct 2, 2011.

Oct 2, 2011

Help with my usb by camochase at 3:03 AM (641 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. camochase
    OP

Member camochase GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I should have asked this before, i always assumed my wii had special needs when it came to my usb ports. but now im pretty shure its my usb. I have a cruzer 4gb (this thing http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploa...-open-side.jpg). but for most usb compatible (except HBC) it doesnt detect it as a usb its really weird. but is there a way to fix this or can i revert my usb to its factory state with the u3 interface and stuff, or do i have to get a new usb. and thx in advance

2. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    What fileformat does it use? FAT32 is the way to go. Especially on such a small memory as there is 0 benefit with NTFS (filesize limit is physically limited on your drive anyway).

Also, you didnt say if you had actually tried other usb drives or different brands etc.

... As for reverting your stick to factory settings... The manufacture should have all the files available on their homepage.

3. camochase
    OP

United States
    My usb is fat 32 and ive tryed it on other wiis and had the same problem but thanks for the idea i will check sandisk's wesite\

i just checked sandisks website and i couldnt find anything [​IMG] should i just get a new flash drive

I just found out its usb 2.0 that could be a problem

4. Lucif3r

Sweden
    Since you have tried it on other Wii's, it seems that the drive is not very popular with Wii.

Id get a new one. They aint expensive today.
    Before I bought my HDD, I used a usb2.0 16GB Transcend stick. Worked like a charm. I bought it for around ~20usd, after sweden got the lovely extra tax on external hdd/usb sticks.. -.-

5. camochase
    OP

United States
    ya good idea ill but one when some money comes my way, which is once in a blue moon [​IMG] but at least i got the sd that came with my 3ds i just have to find a way to conect it to my computer

6. Sheimi

Member Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Japan
    Do you have the APPS folder with some apps in it?

7. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    The link isn't working. Is that one of the U3 ones? If so, then that's probably why it doesn't work.
    If it shows up as a CD-rom drive in addition to removable disk on your PC, it's a U3 one.
    You CAN uninstall U3 and make the CD-rom drive disappear, but it's a one way process, you can't get it back afterwards.

8. Lucif3r

Sweden
    remove the ) after the link [​IMG]